PF Member Photo Thread Archive

In summary: Some members also made jokes and teased each other. The conversation ended with one member finally sharing his photo and asking the others to go easy on the photoshopping.
  • #2,521
Whose sneaker can be seen on the second dog photo?
And, who is crossing his/hers her feet in none-too-white socks??
And, most importantly, who placed the yellow double ring thing upon the mantlepiece (or whatever its called)?

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,522
Evo said:
My boyfreind Jeroen, from the Netherlands.

loopingvg0.jpg
Did nobody ever tell the silly bugger that those things are supposed to be used horizontally?

• #2,523
After seeing Evo's Tudor mansion, I thought people should see what real luxury is. The Blue tarp is covering 3 cords of wood that I have not yet stacked and the silver tarp is covering the woodsplitter. I had to buy one because Evo wouldn't bring her axe and pitch in and I was getting tired. The front of the cabin is an open kitchen/living area with a pine-board cathedral ceiling and rough-hewn beams. The bedroom and the bathroom are in the back. There's about 9 acres of woods out back and we have bear, moose, deer, coyotes, rabbits, wild turkeys and other buddies. I planted fruit trees on the front lawn, which is why all the fluorescent-orange flagging tape and grade stakes are there. Funky, but it works.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6992/house002tf2.jpg

BTW, we burned about 5 cords of wood last year, and less than 1/4 tank of heating oil. Pretty good for Maine. You might have guessed that there is no cable TV in the boonies.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #2,524
turbo-1 said:
I thought people should see what real luxury is. The Blue tarp is covering 3 cords of wood that I have not yet stacked and the silver tarp is covering the woodsplitter. . . . The front of the cabin is an open kitchen/living area with a pine-board cathedral cieling and rough-hewn beams. The bedroom and the bathroom are in the back. There's about 9 acres of woods out back and we have bear, moose, deer, coyotes, rabbits, wild turkeys and other buddies. I planted fruit trees on the front lawn, which is why all the fluorescent-orange flagging tape and grade stakes are there. Funky, but it works.
WOW! I love it. :tongue2:

We have probably 100 acres of woods behind us - with deer, rabbits, ground hogs, squirrels and chipmunks, wild turkeys, and even foxes. Moose and bear are rare locally, but they have been sited within 5 miles of where I live. The moose tend for lake areas and the river. The bears prefer the nearby mountains (hills actually), but occasionally, one wanders into the local area.

• #2,525
Astronuc said:
WOW! I love it. :tongue2:

We have probably 100 acres of woods behind us - with deer, rabbits, ground hogs, squirrels and chipmunks, wild turkeys, and even foxes. Moose and bear are rare locally, but they have been sited within 5 miles of where I live. The moose tend for lake areas and the river. The bears prefer the nearby mountains (hills actually), but occasionally, one wanders into the local area.
Thanks. Actually, there are hundreds of acres of woods all around us, but the ~9 acres is mine, with enough wood to keep me going in perpetuity. The local snowmobile club maintains a trail along the eastern edge of the property, and they maintain a heavy-duty timber bridge across the brook in the middle of my property, so I have good vehicular access to the "back 40". More like the back 4. :tongue: The guy that bush-hogs their trail bush-hogs my logging trails for free. Kind of a good-neighbor policy - we all win.

• #2,526
I want to see more of those 'friends'. :biggrin:

You do bear an eerie resemblance to Stallone when he was young.

• #2,527
Evo said:
looks ok from the outside, but nothing works on the inside.
I had a girlfriend like that once; didn't last long.

• #2,528
Evo said:
I'll trade houses with you! My house aka "pit of doom" looks ok from the outside, but nothing works on the inside. :grumpy:
I have been pecking away at the problems that this house came with, which explains the new metal roof. The previous owner thought he was a do-it-yourselfer and he screwed up everything he touched. When we moved in, the bedroom door wouldn't close (the frame was off by over 1/4") and the front door wouldn't open. I re-hung those, and they work now. The tap in the kitchen is hooked up backward (cold on the left) and the ceiling fan rheostat is wired backward. I've still got to fix those two things. Anyway, I wouldn't trade for ANY place that's in town or even near a town or a city. The nearest village is about 5 miles from here, with fewer than 1000 people scattered over the whole town. I just spent about 1/2 hour out back and picked over a pint of wild raspberries. The bear is getting some, too - the trouble is, he is trampling good blackberry canes loaded with green berries to get to the raspberries, and I loooooove wild blackberries. I wish he'd learn some manners.

Last edited:
  • #2,529
Danger said:
I had a girlfriend like that once; didn't last long.

haha.

:rofl:

Danger said:
You do bear an eerie resemblance to Stallone when he was young.
I look like this guy !?
http://www.homevideos.com/freezeframes918/rocky445.jpeg

Thanks Danger :yuck: :smile:

evo said:
Oooooh, frogpad is a prince!
You are too nice Evo :smile:

• #2,530
FrogPad said:
I look like this guy !?
I did say 'when he was young'. :tongue:
This is from '78.
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/7643/pfilm87081797435053wj8.jpg

• #2,531
Besides, Froggie, Evo just meant that there is no need to kiss you anymore.:smile:

• #2,532
arildno said:
Whose sneaker can be seen on the second dog photo?
And, who is crossing his/hers her feet in none-too-white socks??
And, most importantly, who placed the yellow double ring thing upon the mantlepiece (or whatever its called)?
Those are probably the girls. The door to the backyard is behind where they're sitting and the dogs were constantly tracking dirt in from outside.

• #2,533
arildno said:
Besides, Froggie, Evo just meant that there is no need to kiss you anymore.:smile:

WHAT!? Is there a fairy tale that returns you to a frog? because I'll read that if it means she can keep trying to convert me! :biggrin:

• #2,534
Danger said:
I did say 'when he was young'. :tongue:
This is from '78.
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/7643/pfilm87081797435053wj8.jpg
[/URL]

Well I'm totally going to get my ear pierced now. And well, I might as well take up smoking again. I'll definitely need that cap... and I should probably learn boxing. :tongue2: too funny Danger :smile:

• #2,535
Frogpad, you are really good looking!

Evo, I just can't believe how different you look in those early pictures from how you look now. In the one with you and the girls, you look the same as in your current photos, but the one from when you were 21 and the other one before that both look like it's a totally different person! I don't know if it's the curly hair that gives your face the appearance of a different shape, or what, but I have a hard time even trying to match up features. Don't worry, you look good in all of them, I just rarely see a photo of someone as an adult where you wouldn't even guess they were the same person as in a recent photo. Sometimes it's hit or miss with photos of kids and recognizing them based on their adult appearance, but usually people don't change so much as adults.

• #2,536
FrogPad said:
too funny Danger :smile:
Yeah, well, I have to try to live up to the badge once in a while. I could have said that you also have a resemblance to Ben Mulroney, but if you happen to be a fellow Canuk, you'd have to kill me for it.

• #2,537
FrogPad said:
WHAT!? Is there a fairy tale that returns you to a frog? because I'll read that if it means she can keep trying to convert me! :biggrin:
If you are afraid she might make you into a frog again by kissing you, I would like to say there are no fairy's tale in which a man kissed by another one turns into an amphibian.

I live in Oslo, Norway, by the way..

• #2,538
arildno said:
If you are afraid she might make you into a frog again by kissing you, I would like to say there are no fairy's tale in which a man kissed by another one turns into an amphibian.

:smile: Arildno, prince of sublety. :approve:

• #2,539
Isn't that 'princess'? :confused:

• #2,540
Danger said:
Isn't that 'princess'? :confused:
Abscess, if you please.:grumpy:

• #2,541
after a month at sea (ex-commercial fisherman)

http://img15.imgspot.com/u/06/208/02/Pythagorean1154067079.JPG

http://img15.imgspot.com/u/06/208/02/Pythag21154067257.JPG

(yes, I'm actually trying for 'badass' in these pictures, it's not natural)

• #2,542
arildno said:

I'm not afraid she will turn me back into a frog... I'm just really hoping she will. Cause the name "ManPad" is really not so hot.

Last edited:
  • #2,543
A few more of me...

Christmas in Alameda, with my girlfriend Leela:

http://www.virtualcivilization.org/nutcracker/NC1small.jpg

http://www.virtualcivilization.org/nutcracker/WNCsmall.jpg

Skiing...

http://www.virtualcivilization.org/tahoe/DPP_0017.JPG

On the bike...

http://www.virtualcivilization.org/bike/DSC02659-small.jpg

- Warren

• #2,544
Ohh Chroot...The first picture is just horrible...Sorry. It does not look natural AT ALL. From that picture, it seems like you don't know each other at all...

The last picture is nice because it reveals how beautiful nature is in the area where you are cycling

marlon

• #2,545
Pythagorean said:
after a month at sea (ex-commercial fisherman)

http://img15.imgspot.com/u/06/208/02/Pythagorean1154067079.JPG

http://img15.imgspot.com/u/06/208/02/Pythag21154067257.JPG

(yes, I'm actually trying for 'badass' in these pictures, it's not natural)
Cool man...:approve:

I am sure that if you try to close your eyes a bit more, the effect will even be stronger:tongue2:

regards
marlon

• #2,546
Evo said:
My boyfreind Jeroen, from the Netherlands.

loopingvg0.jpg
:grumpy: I can't see any of them pictures you posted, Evo. What's wrong ?

regards
marlon

• #2,547
marlon said:
:grumpy: I can't see any of them pictures you posted, Evo. What's wrong ?

regards
marlon
I can see them.

• #2,548
I thought this was pretty cool. The left picture is me and my friend Mayoko taken at the graduation ceremony when I was in grade 10 (and so was she). She left my school after that year (she lives in Tokyo Japan and was a border at my school) to go back to Tokyo to finish high school there. She's going to university in Canada, and was in British Columbia takign a summer course at University of Victoria. She flew to Ottawa for my graduation and this brings me to the picture on the right, of me and her at my graduation ceremony, taken last month, 3 years later after the first was taken.

Attachments

• me and mayoko.jpg
    me and mayoko.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 720
  • #2,549
Wow! Cutie-beauty! She looks sweet and you are one lucky guy if you can keep something going.

• #2,550
marlon said:
Ohh Chroot...The first picture is just horrible...Sorry. It does not look natural AT ALL. From that picture, it seems like you don't know each other at all...

The last picture is nice because it reveals how beautiful nature is in the area where you are cycling

marlon
Jealous?:tongue:
Evo said:
I can see them.
Them? :biggrin:
Ah I also can't see any of them.

• #2,551
Lisa! said:
:confused:

Jealous of what exactly ?

marlon

• #2,552
Lisa! said:

Them? :biggrin:
Ah I also can't see any of them.

When are we going to post pictures from our wedding Lisa? :eek: :bugeye: :rofl: :devil:

• #2,553
cyrus said:
When are we going to post pictures from our wedding Lisa? :eek: :bugeye: :rofl: :devil:
Oh dear! You don't know that I'm married...:blushing: :wink:

• #2,554
Lisa! said:
Oh dear! You don't know that I'm married...:blushing: :wink:

You are a terrible liar.

• #2,555
cyrus said:
You are a terrible liar.

You don't know about Zooby and I?:devil: :grumpy: