PF Member Photo Thread Archive

In summary: Some members also made jokes and teased each other. The conversation ended with one member finally sharing his photo and asking the others to go easy on the photoshopping.
  • #2,661
Danger said:
Don't worry, pal... your girlfriend is still my wallpaper. I merely agreed that a spurned gay lover is probably not as likely to make you suffer for the rest of your life as a female one is. I ain't switching sides. (I will, however, repeat something that I posted before: You don't know the true meaning of the term 'warpath' until you've lived with a menopausal Cree. )

And then Danger lives up to his funniest member tag :rofl:

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,662
Who voted for that?

• #2,663
rhuthwaite said:
Who voted for that?
PF Members voted for a field of candidates, of whom Danger was one, and he won. :biggrin:

Here's the thread - https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=102188

• #2,664
He deserves it

• #2,665
rhuthwaite said:
He deserves it

:) yeah he does... well usually *wink*

There are quite a few funny people on here though.

• #2,666
Who else is funny? (I new here so wouldn't know)

• #2,667
Hi, sweetheart. There are indeed some serious candidates for the position. Artman and Zoobie are right up there, as are Moonbear, MIH, Huck (when he was still around), Ivan and Tsu (I consider them a team), Brewski if the subjects of Welshmen and/or sheep arise, Yomamma (especially if he tag-teams with the Penguin), Russ (if you can convince yourself that his political opinions are sarcasm :uhh: )... even that old fart Integral can lay one off that'll knock you off of your chair when he puts his mind to it. Evo is a bit more of a team player (supporting actor, if you will), but critical to the entire scenario. She can, with perfectly feigned innocence, set up a joke better than almost anyone. Likewise for SOS, but she pretty much sticks to the political forum now, so we don't have any interaction.

• #2,668
I'd post my pic but I accidentally pitched my webcam. (don't ask)

• #2,669
rhuthwaite said:
Proof that I am am fully clothed

So, you're going to be single soon? :wink:

• #2,670
In fact yes haha if you read my relationship problem then you would no that I am now single! as from last night

• #2,671
ME and mine...

Attachments

• model.jpg
    model.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 468
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #2,672
  • #2,673
mmm.JPG

Here's a pic of me : )

• #2,674
And finally, the elusive W...

"[IMG[/URL]

That's me with her, by the bye.

• #2,675
Darn, with the glare filter on my work computer, I can barely see the pictures. I'll have to look tonight.

• #2,676
Danger, are you drinking beer with a straw?!

• #2,677
Sure... and why not? :confused:
Anyhow, here are the non-resized pictures so you can see what's going on. (And get a better look at W. Believe me, she's not anything like as fat as she's made up to look. Our theme was Robo-Pimp and the Bionic Hooker.)
I have to drink from a straw most years, and use a cigarette holder, because my real mouth is almost half an inch behind the appliance and there isn't room to get a bottle in there. Since the hair is in the way in both pictures, I've included the preliminary artwork of what I looked like. When the film from the other camera is developed, I'll try to scan that to show the whole effect. (My entire left arm is fake, as well as the face.)

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/4710/dscf0083nb7.jpg
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5090/dscf0082gk7.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2142/mask1sc4.jpg

• #2,678
Great pictures danger! Tell W she's a cutie!

• #2,679
  • #2,680
Evo said:
Ooooh cute. :approve:
aww thank you:redface:

• #2,681
Danger said:
Sure... and why not? :confused:
Anyhow, here are the non-resized pictures so you can see what's going on. (And get a better look at W. Believe me, she's not anything like as fat as she's made up to look. Our theme was Robo-Pimp and the Bionic Hooker.)
I have to drink from a straw most years, and use a cigarette holder, because my real mouth is almost half an inch behind the appliance and there isn't room to get a bottle in there. Since the hair is in the way in both pictures, I've included the preliminary artwork of what I looked like. When the film from the other camera is developed, I'll try to scan that to show the whole effect. (My entire left arm is fake, as well as the face.)

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/4710/dscf0083nb7.jpg
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5090/dscf0082gk7.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2142/mask1sc4.jpg
[/URL]

Do you have any other pictures that aren't so blurry? or just some pictures from previous Halloweens?

• #2,682
I think that it's just blurry because I had to blow it up to more than twice its original size in Photoshop. I'll try running it through a couple of sharpening sequences and see what happens. The brightness and contrast were also changed a lot because it was pretty dark in the bar. If I can dig the parts out of storage without W throttling me, I'll lay them out on the table and take a new picture.

As for pictures of the last 2 years, see my avatar. There's a bigger version in the Members Photos--Alphabetical thread, along with the makeup that I applied to the bartender that year. (They're in the Jokes section at the bottom of the thread.)

Last edited:
  • #2,683
Danger said:
And finally, the elusive W...

"[IMG[/URL]

That's me with her, by the bye.[/QUOTE]
What is that "beer" you are drinking ?

marlon

• #2,684
I love drinking beer with a straw! And drinking wine through a straw is good too. It apaarently gets you drunk more quickly.

• #2,685
Hi, Marlon. That would be my favourite, Keith's. Bluenose brew (ie: comes from Nova Scotia). It's categorized as India Pale Ale.

Ruth, that beer/straw thing is a myth. The only reason that you might get drunk faster is because you can drink it faster. Less gas seems to get into your system that way, so you don't have to stop and burp as often. :biggrin:

Last edited:
  • #2,686
The fish-eye lens for the camera makes my jaw look a little prognathous, rather Neaderthal-like. It's last summer.

18ret.jpg

I might also consider shaving before I do that again.

Note the -6.00 diopter specs: they shrink my eyes to the point you can see both sides of my head through the lenses.

Last edited:
  • #2,687
twisting_edge said:
18ret.jpg
:!) :!) :!)

• #2,688
Wow! Twisting is cute! I like that tousled, scruffy look. Now, why were you photographing yourself while driving somewhere? :biggrin:

• #2,689
Danger said:
Ruth, that beer/straw thing is a myth. The only reason that you might get drunk faster is because you can drink it faster. Less gas seems to get into your system that way, so you don't have to stop and burp as often. :biggrin:

:cry: that just ruined all my fun! Try having drinking competetions with drinking wine trhough a strawnext time its a lot of fun! Had a massive cocktail party last night we ended doing this after the spirits ran out

• #2,690
Moonbear said:
I like that tousled, scruffy look.

Hairstyle by Sunroof.

Last edited:
  • #2,691
Ruth, if you want to get whapped in a hurry, try Champaign shooters. Believe it or not, it's more effective than most other types.

• #2,692
Evo said:
Tell W she's a cutie!
I showed her your post this morning; it's the first time that I've ever seen her blush. (And it takes a lot for a blush to show through on a Cree.)

• #2,693
twisting_edge said:
Hairstyle by Sunroof.
:rofl: :rofl:
Get away from my badge, you bastard!

twisting_edge said:
they shrink my eyes to the point you can see both sides of my head through the lenses.
I'm glad that you cleared that up. I thought that you'd gotten your head caught in the aforementioned sunroof. :tongue:

• #2,694
here i am
attachment.php?attachmentid=8296&stc=1&d=1163328861.jpg

Attachments

• stan4o.jpg
    stan4o.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 497
  • #2,695
Yeah... that 'Attachments Pending Approval' is always a winning picture. :biggrin: