Quick question need to buy a present

• Thread starter Jayse_83
  • Start date
In summary, a physicist is looking for a present for their friend and is interested in a science toy involving a photonic pressure experiment. They are wondering if anyone knows the name of the experiment and it is suggested that it is called a radiometer, also known as a Crookes radiometer. More information about the radiometer can be found at the Science Museum website. The conversation ends with a suggestion to search for the radiometer in a catalogue, though it may only be available in North America.
Jayse_83
Hi all,

I need to get a friend a present and as a physicist I really wana get them the 'science toy' kinda thing ... does anybody know the name for the encased photonic pressure experiment in which a fan shape has one black surface and a mirrored surface. When it placed in the sunlight the fan spins due to the photon pressure.

Thanks !

Physics news on Phys.org
GOD__AM said:
Seems Crookes radiometer is the name you are looking for.
Try snooping around here . I don't have time to look through the catalogue now, but they used to sell them. I also don't know where you are, so can't help if you're not in North America.

1. What are some quick and easy gift ideas?

Some quick and easy gift ideas include gift cards, personalized items, and small gadgets or accessories.

2. How much should I spend on a present?

The amount you should spend on a present depends on your budget and your relationship with the recipient. It's always a good idea to set a budget and stick to it.

3. What are appropriate gifts for different occasions?

Gifts can vary depending on the occasion, but some general ideas include flowers, chocolates, or a thoughtful handwritten card for birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays. For weddings and baby showers, consider practical gifts or items from the couple's or parents' registry.

4. How can I make my gift more meaningful?

To make your gift more meaningful, consider the recipient's interests and hobbies. Personalize the gift with a special message or by including something that holds sentimental value. You can also give the gift of experiences, such as tickets to a show or a gift certificate for a special activity.

5. Are there any gifts that are universally appreciated?

Some gifts that are universally appreciated include food or drink items, home decor, or practical items that are used daily. When in doubt, a heartfelt and thoughtful gift will always be appreciated, regardless of the item itself.