Thanking My Best Buddies for Genuine Reasons

• Thread starter marlon
  • Start date
In summary, Marlon wanted to break the tradition of thanking people for silly reasons and instead thank those who have genuinely helped him. He thanks specific individuals for their knowledge, sense of humor, and physical appearance. He also thanks Evo's kids, mooberrymarz, and Karen for their beauty. Marlon also mentions his best buddies and jokes about others who are not in his inner circle. Some people find his language inappropriate.
marlon
Since we are thanking :rolleyes: :zzz: everybody for the most stupid reasons lately, i would like to break that tradition and thank a few people for e genuine reason : i respect their knowledge, their sense of humor and their physical appearance...So here we go...I want to thank :

Danger, for being who he is...you have the best sense of humor man...

Humanino, for bearing with me on the QFT stuff

arildno, for his talent of innovation and action for the FAQ initiative

Vanesch, for instructing on QM and measurement problems

Doc Al, for cleaning up the el particles presented thread

Dextercioby, for being so close to me every day

SelfAdjoint, for instructing me on LQG and helping me with the Intro to LQG sticky

Marcus, for the very same reason

SpaceTiger, for instructing me on astrophysics

BobG, for telling me why the moon drifts away from the earth

Stoned, my new friend, for being the definition of coolness, together with Danger

Clausius, for looking just like Blade and for explaing to me that engineers really are usefull :wink: Good luck in the USA man...

Evo, for being so diplomatic and for the general discussion subforum

That is it, these are the people i respect the most, my best buddies,...all others are just wankers/suckers...but who am i to judge, right ?

regards
marlon

edit: ah, i forgot, i should also thank Evo's kids (especially the one with the tan that is planning on becoming a doctor),mooberrymarz and Karen for being such elegant manifestations of both external and internal beauty :blushing:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
marlon said:
Danger, for being who he is...you have the best sense of humor man...
Back at you, bud. You don't make a lot of jokes, but they're good ones.

marlon said:
SpaceTiger, for instructing me on astrophysics

You're welcome, and thanks for being a physics resource. I'm always sure to read your posts in the physics sections carefully.

marlon said:
Clausius, for looking just like Blade and for explaing to me that engineers really are usefull :wink: Good luck in the USA man...

:rofl: :rofl:

Who said we are useful? That's a fallacy. :wink:

marlon said:
edit: ah, i forgot, i should also thank Evo's kids (especially the one with the tan that is planning on becoming a doctor
She's available now, she broke up with her boyfriend.

And thank you Marlon for all your knowledge, the great opera trivia, and the best picture of a flying baby I've ever seen! (not to mention scariest face ) :wink:

Evo said:
She's available now, she broke up with her boyfriend.

Ahh, i think Clausius certainly has read those words :wink: :!) :wink:

CLAUSIUS, you heard that ?

marlon

marlon said:
Ahh, i think Clausius certainly has read those words :wink: :!) :wink:

CLAUSIUS, you heard that ?

marlon

Yeah, Evo please tell her I will be there in Fall 2005. She should wait me in order to know what truly is a Macho Iberico :bugeye: :rofl: .

marlon said:
That is it, these are the people i respect the most, my best buddies,...all others are just wankers/suckers...but who am i to judge, right ?

I was almost about to get bitter and upset about being grouped into this category, and then realized that you just got away with saying "wanker" on PF! I don't think I'll ever be able to thank you enough...!

brewnog said:
I was almost about to get bitter and upset about being grouped into this category, and then realized that you just got away with saying "wanker" on PF! I don't think I'll ever be able to thank you enough...!
If I were you, I would be more happy because that is who I really am.

Truthfully YOURS,
~~AlexlovesChris

Alex,

what are you going to do when Chris does not love you? Your name choice is a continuous reminder of your relationship, and taking into account you are going to be here for a long time... :biggrin:

Well, it might be a one-way relationship already, Clausius.

It might be that Alex has a crush on Chris, but that this is not reciprocated.

Ponder, ponder, deep thoughts from the North...

marlon said:
How deep. Funny that you include the site admins in the latter group :zzz:

Marlon i did not see Astronuc,Moonbear,Monique on urs list...may be their field of interest does not cross you but these are not just wankers/suckers...
The Person who helps you is yours buddy and others are all the same...thats not fair.

Monique said:
How deep. Funny that you include the site admins in the latter group :zzz:

don't be so insulted :rolleyes:

there is really no need to bring in others...please grow up

marlon :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Last edited:
heman said:
Marlon i did not see Astronuc,Moonbear,Monique on urs list...may be their field of interest does not cross you but these are not just wankers/suckers...
The Person who helps you is yours buddy and others are all the same...thats not fair.

The intention of this thread was to thank the people from which i learned. I mean, i did not exclude the people that you mentioned just because they have other professional fields. I just did not learn anything from them, that is all.

I must admit that i should have included astronuc, though. My mistake, sorry for that

marlon

marlon said:
don't be so insulted

there is really no need to bring in others...please grow up

marlon
:rolleyes: ever so respectful
I just don't think it is appropriate to call people wankers/suckers.

Monique said:
:rolleyes: ever so respectful
I just don't think it is appropriate to call people wankers/suckers.
yes mum, whatever :zzz:

marlon

Sory my lonliness is killing me, it makes me feel like talking to myself
i post this only to say that I really thank God endows humans HOCKEYability,

Minorail said:
Sory my lonliness is killing me, it makes me feel like talking to myself
i post this only to say that I really thank God endows humans HOCKEYability,

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I don't understand a word of what you just said but it is funny as hell

...i must confess, i still believe...

marlon

The intention of this thread was to thank the people from which i learned. I mean, i did not exclude the people that you mentioned just because they have other professional fields. I just did not learn anything from them, that is all.

who gives a ****. Why is anyone replying to this stupid post?

marlon said:
yes mum, whatever :zzz:

marlon

Some Ppls don't care...
:rofl:

GCT said:
who gives a ****. Why is anyone replying to this stupid post?
you read my mind

marlon

Who are the most respected buddies of the other members (enough with marlon)? For me it is russ_watters for his helpful and scientifically-solid posts. I also add pervect and 4Newton.

1. Why is it important to thank my best buddies?

Expressing gratitude and appreciation is important in any relationship, especially with close friends. It strengthens the bond and shows that you value their presence in your life.

2. How can I thank my best buddies in a genuine way?

The key to genuine gratitude is sincerity and specificity. Be honest and specific about what your friends mean to you and how they have positively impacted your life.

3. What are some genuine reasons to thank my best buddies?

There are many reasons to thank your best buddies, such as their constant support, their ability to make you laugh, their loyalty, and their understanding nature. Think about what qualities make them great friends and thank them for it.

4. Should I thank my best buddies in person or through a written message?

It depends on your preference and the relationship you have with your friends. In-person thank yous can be more heartfelt, but a written message can also be a meaningful way to express your gratitude if you are more comfortable with that.

5. How often should I thank my best buddies?

There is no set rule for how often you should thank your best buddies, but it is always a good idea to express gratitude when they do something that makes you feel appreciated or loved. It could be a simple thank you or a grand gesture, as long as it comes from the heart.