Are You Still Partying Hard or Have You Started to Mellow Out?

• Thread starter GCT
  • Start date
In summary: That sounds like a pretty wild party!In summary, the author went to a party and it ended in various shenanigans.
GCT
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
party, party, party!

How many of you still party, and I mean party hard? Or perhaps some of you have started to move towards the more "mellow" scene (drinking coffee, talking with friends, watching a movie).

I was in the honors dorm, and most of us didn't party until after a few months, played video games with each other, basketball, pretty well knit relative to other floors...later on...partied hard, (I was in Iowa back then-2nd highest binge drinking rate, although the school has a excellent medical school as well as other academic credentials).

Now that I'm in my last year of undergrad, I've sort of tuned out, I think I'm growing old. I prefer to spend more "quality" time. I'm currently 23 years old (been switching around majors) and some would say that this is too early to mature in any sense

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I still party hard, just not very often. Unfortunately, many of my friends have started to "mellow" as you put it. Kids put a real damper on social lives. So, I just need to find some new, single, or at least childless, friends.

I never partied much. :zzz:

I don't party anymore; It seems like a waste of time now. But I think it's one of the best ways to break the ice and bond with new acquaintances, like coworkers, roomates, etc.

the best way to make an acquaintance is to dance like an idiot and make yourself look stupid?

Likes gracy
I have some younger, female friends who, shall we say, challenge me. And being that it's summer and they are teachers, they are extra challenging these days...

yomamma said:
the best way to make an acquaintance is to dance like an idiot and make yourself look stupid?
Not making acquaintances (though it does help with this too), but bonding with new people who'll be spending lots of time together. I've found that everyone getting drunk and acting stupid works.

Last edited:
Never get invited to parties :rolleyes: :frown:.

Edit: weird vB smiley code, grr :/.

If you consider hanging out at PF a party, then yeah I party all the time! If you mean hanging out with physical people, a few kegs, etc, then no I do not party.

I've never been invited to a party, and I don't think I want to go to one, every Monday at school I hear about how drunk people got :yuck:

Oh you sleepy lot, get out and party you do not have to drink
lots :rolleyes: and near the end of the night, morning, when getting to the
smoochy dancing, is when you get to know each other better :devil:

Hooray for partying!

21 and still going strong. The party I went to the other night ended in Crunchy Nut Cornflakes being spilt all over the trampoline, a phone being twatted down the garden with a cricket bat, and a Finnish chick hugging the toilet for a few hours. Yay!

brewnog said:
...and a Finnish chick hugging the toilet for a few hours. Yay!
She inherited that spot from me.

i never did much of that when i was in school, but since i graduated I've been hanging out with some guys who have been hardcore partyers since we were in high school. it's always good to hang out with them for a change, they can teach me a lot. a few weeks ago i wok up with gum in my mouth & i had no idea how it got there. i guess I'm lucky i didn't choke while i was sleeping.

fourier jr said:
a few weeks ago i wok up with gum in my mouth & i had no idea how it got there. i guess I'm lucky i didn't choke while i was sleeping.
I've had that same problem... only it wasn't gum. :wink:

We used to have an old farm house to party in, so we could make as much noise
as we wanted, and guests could show off their skills on two wheels, it all ways
amazed me what was left after the party, apart from bottles and cans.

honestrosewater said:
I've had that same problem... only it wasn't gum. :wink:
Fools rush in...What was it, HRW?

zoobyshoe said:
Fools rush in...What was it, HRW?
I'm not sure if you're referring to the content of my post or my decision to post it. I guess either way, I'm no o:)

honestrosewater said:
I'm not sure if you're referring to the content of my post or my decision to post it. I guess either way, I'm no o:)
I am the fool referred to, foolish enough to ask what it was you woke up with in your mouth.

zoobyshoe said:
I am the fool referred to, foolish enough to ask what it was you woke up with in your mouth.
Oh, silly me. Well, since I've already ruined the joke, I may as well admit that I was just kidding.

Shucks, okay, I hate to disappoint...

Let's just say he's lucky I didn't choke while I was sleeping. :eek:

honestrosewater said:
Oh, silly me. Well, since I've already ruined the joke, I may as well admit that I was just kidding.

Shucks, okay, I hate to disappoint...

Let's just say he's lucky I didn't choke while I was sleeping. :eek:

He could have lost a digit?

wolram said:
He could have lost a digit?
If you're talking about the unit of measurement, then yes. :tongue2:

1. What is the purpose of the study "Are You Still Partying Hard or Have You Started to Mellow Out?"

The purpose of this study is to examine the behavior and lifestyle changes of individuals over time in regards to partying and socializing. It aims to understand if people continue to party hard or if they begin to mellow out as they age and mature.

2. How is the data collected for this study?

The data for this study is collected through surveys and interviews with individuals of various ages. These individuals are asked about their partying habits and behaviors over time, allowing for a comparison of their past and current lifestyle choices.

3. What factors are considered when determining if someone is "partying hard" or "mellowing out"?

Factors such as frequency of social events, alcohol and drug consumption, and overall level of partying intensity are considered when determining if someone is still partying hard or starting to mellow out.

4. Can the results of this study be generalized to the entire population?

No, the results of this study can only be applied to the specific sample of individuals who participated. While efforts are made to ensure the sample is diverse and representative of the population, it is not possible to gather data from every individual in the population.

5. What are some potential implications of the findings from this study?

The findings from this study could have implications for public health and education campaigns aimed at reducing risky behaviors associated with partying. It could also provide insight into the social norms and expectations surrounding partying and how they may change over time.