1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

1+1=2 question

1. Dec 17, 2005 #1
    Hello everyone,
    I have just made a simple program to count how many times a randomly popped-up ball bounces against the wall I can get,
    Each time it shows up, in one minutes I can get different data, 100, 110,101 ,99, 98, 106 etc
    would you please suggest me what statistical methods then are to be used for me to make a good conclusion about this phenonmena ?
    My present conclusion is that my random generator (I am using VC++6.0) plays an important role in this unbalanced phenomena.

Thank you very much

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 17, 2005 #2

Tide

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It might help if you more clearly described what you're tyring to do.

I have no idea what you mean by "unbalanced phenomena." Are you suggesting that you get the same number in each trial? Why would you expect that? You specified it's a random process so there is no reason to expect the same number each time.

Aside from that, I suggest making a frequency histogram of the generated data.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?