Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

1+1=2 question

1. Dec 17, 2005 #1
    Hello everyone,
    I have just made a simple program to count how many times a randomly popped-up ball bounces against the wall I can get,
    Each time it shows up, in one minutes I can get different data, 100, 110,101 ,99, 98, 106 etc
    would you please suggest me what statistical methods then are to be used for me to make a good conclusion about this phenonmena ?
    My present conclusion is that my random generator (I am using VC++6.0) plays an important role in this unbalanced phenomena.

Thank you very much
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 17, 2005 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It might help if you more clearly described what you're tyring to do.

I have no idea what you mean by "unbalanced phenomena." Are you suggesting that you get the same number in each trial? Why would you expect that? You specified it's a random process so there is no reason to expect the same number each time.

Aside from that, I suggest making a frequency histogram of the generated data.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?