#1 song on the day you were born

• Thread starter hypatia
  • Start date
In summary: I don't remember the color, but it was a light blue light and there was a large bubble in the middle of the light. It felt really good. And then I woke up.In summary, Evo was born when "Come Softly to Me" by the Sevilles was #1, but that's just because she claims all kinds of 1960's experiences. She was already seasoned by the time she entered kindergarten, but had no way to be certain this all was around age 3, but she had always said 3. Evo was born when "Come Softly to Me" by the Sevilles was #1, but that's just because she claims all kinds of 1960's experiences. She was already seasoned by the time
hypatia
http://www.joshhosler.biz/
If you go to this site, you can look up the song that was at the top of the charts on the day you were born.

Mine was,

Love me Tender...Elvis Presley

Physics news on Phys.org
"Lost in Emotion" by Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam :bugeye:

Wheel of Fortune by Kay Starr. Not in heavy rotation on the oldies stations.

"Sugar Shack" by Jimmy Gilmer & the Fireballs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DW8ecqu0Iw

Tiffany Could've Been

I love this song !:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LzGss9QGAk

Winchester Cathedral by The New Vaudeville Band.

Never heard of it...:confused:

Ms Music said:
Winchester Cathedral by The New Vaudeville Band.

Never heard of it...:confused:
Novelty song that happened to hit the pop charts...

"Lisbon Antigua" by Nelson Riddle. :grumpy:
That's a little less than inspiring.

turbo-1 said:
Novelty song that happened to hit the pop charts...

Yeah, it had a link to listen to it online. Nothing impressive... <sigh>

Winchester Cathedral was a really fun tune, and rather catchy at the time. The only one so far that I don't know, was Dangers. I had to listen to it, sounds like dance music that my folks use to listen to.

"Volare (Nel Blu Dipinto di Blu)" by Domenico Modugno

I feel young today :biggrin:

They didn't have music when I was born. Unless you consider banging wooden branches on rocks and making gutteral sounds music. :frown:

Evo said:
They didn't have music when I was born. Unless you consider banging wooden branches on rocks and making gutteral sounds music. :frown:
OK, now you'er exaggerating! There were no such things as "wooden" branches when you were born. Only modified grasses. Not much of a percussion section. Foop, foop!

Last edited:
Evo said:
I'm thinking you are about my age. Is your song "Daddy Wouldn't Buy Me a Bow-Wow" by Dan Quinn? o:)

I'm guessing that Evo was born when "Come Softly to Me" by the Sevilles was #1, but that's just because she claims all kinds of 1960's experiences. I suspect that she was jail-bait in the '60's, and "Runaway" by Del Shannon was her #1.

turbo-1 said:
I'm guessing that Evo was born when "Come Softly to Me" by the Sevilles was #1, but that's just because she claims all kinds of 1960's experiences. I suspect that she was jail-bait in the '60's, and "Runaway" by Del Shannon was her #1.
I wasn't jail bait in the 60's I was in Kindergarten. :grumpy: I was 11-12 when I started going to concerts by Hendrix, The Doors, etc... My big brother was forced to accompany me.

You're older than I am, btw. :biggrin:

Evo said:
I wasn't jail bait in the 60's I was in Kindergarten. :grumpy: I was 11-12 when I started going to concerts by Hendrix, The Doors, etc... My big brother was forced to accompany me.

You're older than I am, btw. :biggrin:
I know I'm older than you. I'm 57. Point is, if you attended Hendrix concerts as a child, you couldn't have been born any later than 1959 at the earliest. That makes you (gasp!) 50 in a month and 15 days.

Yessss!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il9d0LYGBHM

Math education left a little to be desired back then. That must have been the month a lot of crack pots were born.

Get Off of My Cloud... the greatest rock band ever...

Hallelujah - The Angels in Heaven

"'The Third Man' Theme" by Anton Karas.

Holy moly, I just found out that several songs that I listened to on the radio when they came out and can still sing to this day was from when I was 3. But I was also reading about Egyptians and had an interest in astronomy when I was 3, that is when I told my mother I wanted to be an archaeologist and astronomer. This validates that my memories are correct time wise. I was already seasoned by the time I entered kindergarten, but I had no way to be certain this all was around age 3, but I had always said 3. Yeah, I know, this only means something to me.

"All Night Long (All Night)" by Lionel Richie for me. Wonder what was in the UK charts.

"Straight up" by Paula Abdul.

AHAHAHH YES!

1985 Like a Virgin Madonna

NIVU2snA-yU[/youtube] Talk about the perfect song for being born.

Cyrus said:
AHAHAHH YES!

1985 Like a Virgin Madonna

NIVU2snA-yU[/youtube] Talk about.../QUOTE]Ahahhaa, that is "so" perfect for you.

Evo said:
But I was also reading about Egyptians and had an interest in astronomy when I was 3, that is when I told my mother I wanted to be an archaeologist and astronomer.

Hey I was into paleontology and astronomy. But from some time later than 3 because I could read about it. So I must have been at least ... 4, ... if not 7 then.

Oddly I have a very vivid memory of being bathed in a sink at about a year + a couple of months at a summer cottage in Wimberley, TX that only basically had screen walls, a roof on a cement slab, where we on occasion spent some time. (I can still see it in my mind's eye and smell the fir trees along the river.) It's as far back toward the Big Bang as I can recall. Don't recall what was playing on the radio though.

LowlyPion said:
Hey I was into paleontology and astronomy. But from some time later than 3 because I could read about it. So I must have been at least ... 4, ... if not 7 then.
Well, I mostly "read" the books with lots of pictures that had captions. We're 2 of a kind. Little freaks. Did you have a microscope and telescope? I find this is quite common among PF members when they were little.

Oddly I have a very vivid memory of being bathed in a sink at about a year + a couple of months at a summer cottage in Wimberley, TX that only basically had screen walls, a roof on a cement slab, where we on occasion spent some time. (I can still see it in my mind's eye and smell the fir trees along the river.) It's as far back toward the Big Bang as I can recall. Don't recall what was playing on the radio though.
That's very cool. Do you or did you have a photographic memory when you were growing up?

LowlyPion said:

I was in Wimberly, TX, for a wedding - on my 40th birthday! Don't remember the cottage you describe :wink: but I do remember having to join a "club" in order to get a glass of wine at a restaurant there...it's a dry county :rolleyes:.

Gotta love Texas.

OK technically you don't but why fight it.

geez, this webmaster seriously needs to make use of a database

Billie Jean Michael Jackson for me

Evo said:
Well, I mostly "read" the books with lots of pictures that had captions. We're 2 of a kind. Little freaks. Did you have a microscope and telescope? I find this is quite common among PF members when they were little.

That's very cool. Do you or did you have a photographic memory when you were growing up?

I was a child of privilege. My grandfather had a telescope in his backyard. It was an 8" reflector. There was a walk up platform to get to the eyepiece. And no motor mount. But damn you could sure see the moon. When I was older I built my own telescope, ground the lens and all - another reflector - phew. But it was a puny thing compared to his walk-up.

And of course I had a microscope and chemistry set too. I loved that stuff. My science projects tended to involve petri dishes and sketches of staff and strep and agar cultures and glass slides. I had a Bunsen burner in my bedroom even on my work table. Test tubes, chemicals, and a dart board. I even had a rifle hanging on a wall mount. When I think back on it my room was a real hazard zone for kids, but by some miracle we all survived. And that was even before seat belts.

LowlyPion said:
I was a child of privilege. My grandfather had a telescope in his backyard. It was an 8" reflector. There was a walk up platform to get to the eyepiece. And no motor mount. But damn you could sure see the moon. When I was older I built my own telescope, ground the lens and all - another reflector - phew. But it was a puny thing compared to his walk-up.

And of course I had a microscope and chemistry set too. I loved that stuff. My science projects tended to involve petri dishes and sketches of staff and strep and agar cultures and glass slides. I had a Bunsen burner in my bedroom even on my work table. Test tubes, chemicals, and a dart board. I even had a rifle hanging on a wall mount. When I think back on it my room was a real hazard zone for kids, but by some miracle we all survived. And that was even before seat belts.
ooooh. OOOOOH.

I went to the planetarium whenever i had a chance. First time I went I thought "this is what I want to do when i grow up". Be a projectionist. :tongue2:

Evo said:

Forgot this. I realized after I posted that it was those Texas scrub cedar trees that were all about nor firs.

Either it's a good memory or taking a bath was so infrequent that it was a big event. The thing that is odd about it is that it's almost like a photo through a glass darkly. (To borrow a little from Alice.) And in shades of reds and blacks for some reason. But generally, no it's not photographic.

Evo said:
ooooh. OOOOOH.

I went to the planetarium whenever i had a chance. First time I went I thought "this is what I want to do when i grow up". Be a projectionist. :tongue2:

I see. You wanted to run things?

<h2>1. What does "#1 song on the day you were born" mean?</h2><p>The "#1 song on the day you were born" refers to the song that was at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart on the day you were born. This is a weekly chart that ranks the most popular songs in the United States based on radio airplay, sales, and streaming data.</p><h2>2. How do I find out what the #1 song was on the day I was born?</h2><p>You can find out the #1 song on the day you were born by searching for "Billboard Hot 100 [date of your birth]" on a search engine. There are also websites and apps that allow you to enter your birth date and find out the #1 song.</p><h2>3. Why is the #1 song on the day I was born significant?</h2><p>The #1 song on the day you were born is significant because it represents the most popular and influential song at that time. It can also give insight into the cultural and musical trends of the era in which you were born.</p><h2>4. Can the #1 song on the day I was born change?</h2><p>Yes, the #1 song on the day you were born can change if new data is added to the Billboard Hot 100 chart. This can happen if a song gains more radio airplay, sales, or streams than the previous week's top song.</p><h2>5. Is the #1 song on the day I was born the same for everyone?</h2><p>No, the #1 song on the day you were born will be different for everyone, as it is based on your birth date. However, if you were born on the same day and year as someone else, you will have the same #1 song.</p>

1. What does "#1 song on the day you were born" mean?

The "#1 song on the day you were born" refers to the song that was at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart on the day you were born. This is a weekly chart that ranks the most popular songs in the United States based on radio airplay, sales, and streaming data.

2. How do I find out what the #1 song was on the day I was born?

You can find out the #1 song on the day you were born by searching for "Billboard Hot 100 [date of your birth]" on a search engine. There are also websites and apps that allow you to enter your birth date and find out the #1 song.

3. Why is the #1 song on the day I was born significant?

The #1 song on the day you were born is significant because it represents the most popular and influential song at that time. It can also give insight into the cultural and musical trends of the era in which you were born.

4. Can the #1 song on the day I was born change?

Yes, the #1 song on the day you were born can change if new data is added to the Billboard Hot 100 chart. This can happen if a song gains more radio airplay, sales, or streams than the previous week's top song.

5. Is the #1 song on the day I was born the same for everyone?

No, the #1 song on the day you were born will be different for everyone, as it is based on your birth date. However, if you were born on the same day and year as someone else, you will have the same #1 song.