Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

100 Digit Calculator / Program

1. Sep 27, 2012 #1
    Hi.

Does anyone know a spreadysheet type of a program that can calculate 100 digit numbers to 20-30 decimal places?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 28, 2012 #2
  4. Sep 28, 2012 #3
    Thank you I'll try moving it to the software section.

The excel plugins that you recomended do not handle very large numers.

5. Sep 28, 2012 #4
    ???

Scraped directly from the web pages I gave you:

"Numerate Pro allows full arbitrary precision calculations in any cell simply by setting the desired precision."

"If you're a programmer, you can also call xlPrecision's arbitrary-precision (bignum, multi-precision) arithmetic library functions directly from your own programming code."

"Recent Features
    Arbitrary precision integer functions.
    Arbitrary precision floating-point functions."

Where are you finding it documented that these do not handle "very large numbers"?

6. Sep 28, 2012 #5
    I looked at the example on the front page. But it seems that you can get 2,147,483,648 digits which is great. But its a paid version. And for the free version you have to get a confirmation code for every calculation. That would not work for me.

I tried to look for the Math&Science Software section on this forum but could not find it.

7. Oct 4, 2012 #6
    Does it have to be a spreadsheet?

8. Oct 4, 2012 #7
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook