Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

1001 uses for vinegar

1. Jul 16, 2008 #1

wolram

Gold Member

This is some amazing stuff, i tried every thing to kill off weeds, the best thing i found was Turbo type chili, then i tried vinegar and it worked even better.

http://www.hintsandthings.co.uk/spareroom/vinegar.htm

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 16, 2008 #2

DaveC426913

Gold Member

That is awesome.

My wife, apparently being 1/4 insect and 1/4 weed, is highly susceptible to all -icides. She caved and bought some roundup. But I'll try vinegar and maybe we can dispose of the noxious herbicide.

4. Jul 16, 2008 #3

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I love this use:

Appetite suppressant:
    Combine 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon honey in an 8 ounce glass of unsweetened grapefruit juice. Drink 1 glass before each meal.

Heh. Of course, alternate appetite suppressants include:
    - syrup of epecac
    - diesel fuel
    - dirt

5. Jul 16, 2008 #4
    Yep, it's an excellent laundry aid too, even without baking soda.

6. Jul 16, 2008 #5

Hee! :rofl:

7. Jul 16, 2008 #6
    I love vinegar. I like the taste of white vinegar, in small amounts of course.

8. Jul 17, 2008 #7

wolram

Gold Member

I can not believe this EGG SUBSTITUTE one, vinegar instead of egg, even i would not try that and i put chili's in cakes.

9. Jul 17, 2008 #8
    I agree with you on that, Wolram. I'm trying to feature that working well in cake batters and whatnot.

10. Jul 19, 2008 #9
    Vinegar is good to put on sunburns, I know it sounds weird, but my grandma told me and trust me it works. It takes the burn away and helps with the tanning process, but makes you smell like a salad for a bit. :biggrin:

11. Jul 19, 2008 #10

turbo

Gold Member

My oldest friend's mother and grandmother were Quakers. They did not drink tea or coffee, but drank cider vinegar and hot water daily. Both lived to ripe old ages. They'd put vinegar in a tea-cup, heat water in a tea-pot and pour it into the vinegar.

12. Jul 20, 2008 #11
    Catch flies.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?