132 kv transmission line help

In summary, this person is looking for information on how to calculate short circuit current and what load breaking current is for a 132kv line.
neduet
hi friends.

I am new for transmission 132kv project. For transfer 100MW power about 95km line.

1. I want to know what is short ckt current and how to calculate it.

2. load breaking current

Your kind help required thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
It depends on the details. This question can not be answered casually in an online forum. You need access to software that does short circuit calculations.

neduet said:
hi friends.

I am new for transmission 132kv project. For transfer 100mw power about 95km line.

1. I want to know what is short ckt current and how to calculate it.

2. load breaking current

Your kind help required thanks.

There's not really enough information here for an "fast and dirty answer" here on the forum.

The current will depend upon the point in a line at which the fault occurs, the type of fault, how much load was being fed at the time of the fault, among other things.

For example: for my utility, the SLG fault currents on most of the low side distribution busses are around 3,000 - 6,500 amps. This will be less on the HV transmission lines.

I'm not sure I'm fully understanding what you mean by load breaking current.I might be able to help more if there was more info, but like was already stated above, it'll be nigh impossible to properly analyze this type of system without the aid of computer software, like CAPE.

Last edited:
It depends on how accurate you need it.

According to IEC 60076-5 if the short-circuit apparent power of the system is not specified, the values given in table 2.

Unfortunately 132kV is not in table the close one is 145 kV: Europe:10000 MVA USA 15000 MVA.

Take only the reactance about 0.3 ohm/km.

You may calculate the transmission line parameters according to [for instance]:

https://www.google.co.il/webhp?sour...ARAMETERS AND MODELLING OF TRANSMISSION LINESOr you have to design the transmission line and this is a profession not a formula.

1. What is a 132 kv transmission line?

A 132 kv transmission line is an electrical power line that carries electricity at a voltage of 132 kilovolts. It is used to transmit large amounts of electricity over long distances.

2. How does a 132 kv transmission line work?

A 132 kv transmission line works by using conductors to carry electricity from a power plant to a substation. The electricity is then stepped down to a lower voltage for distribution to homes and businesses.

3. Why is a 132 kv transmission line important?

A 132 kv transmission line is important because it is able to transmit large amounts of electricity over long distances, making it essential for providing power to areas that are far from power plants. It also helps to reduce power losses during transmission.

4. What are the components of a 132 kv transmission line?

The main components of a 132 kv transmission line include conductors, insulators, support structures, and protective equipment such as lightning arresters and surge arresters. Transformers are also important components for stepping down the voltage at substations.

5. What safety measures are taken for 132 kv transmission lines?

Safety measures for 132 kv transmission lines include regular maintenance and inspections to ensure that the components are in good working condition, as well as proper grounding and insulation to protect against electrical hazards. Warning signs and barriers are also put in place to prevent accidents.