1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

16 credits load

1. Nov 4, 2015 #1
    Hello
    im a sophomore computer engineering major going into my second semester and I will be taking the following courses :
    electric circuits 2
    introduction to programming using C++
    introductory physics 2
    calculus 3
    linear algebra
    physics lab
    all in all thats 16 credits but the courses seems heavy, im not sure if its possible to handle that much and theres really no way i can take less or i will have to delay my graduation. So what do you guys think ? Is it doable or should I take less credits ? Also what advice can you give me to survive such a semester ?
    Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 4, 2015 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

[moving to academic guidance]
    I'm pretty sure I only had one semester that light. Average for an engineer is around 18-20, in 6 courses.

Now, how much work that really is will depend on the courses. You have several that are only two credits, but in mechanical engineering a 2 credit course is a lab course with a lot of non-class hours writing lab reports. If your two credit courses require a lot of non-class time writing programs (for example), it could be a very heavy load.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook