18.5 Billion Dollars belonging to Iranian stopped in Turkey

• Thread starter EternityMech
  • Start date
In summary, a Turkish lawyer has claimed that his Iranian client transferred an $18.5-billion treasure from Iran to Turkey through courier services, containing $7.5 billion and 20 metric tons of gold. This news comes after a similar incident where a Japanese man was stopped at the Swiss border with $134 billion. However, it was later revealed that the bonds the men possessed were fake, leaving people questioning the true intentions behind their actions.
EternityMech
18.5 Billion Dollars belonging to Iranian stopped in Turkey!

A Turkish lawyer has claimed that his Iranian client has transferred an $18.5-billion treasure from Iran to Turkey through courier services.

He noted that the container contained $7.5 billion and 20 metric tons of gold.

http://www.presstv.com/detail.aspx?id=101964&sectionid=351020102

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

$134 billion. Holy cow. I never even knew you could CARRY that amount of money... Here I walk around with $300 in my wallet and I'm rich haha :)

Sorry! said:
$134 billion. Holy cow. I never even knew you could CARRY that amount of money... Here I walk around with $300 in my wallet and I'm rich haha :)

http://wtfurls.com/daily/images/407.jpg

But for that read the article again.
It clearly is a remarkable tale, but after the "bonds" were seized by the Italian finance police, the men, after some questioning, were let go, sparking a frenzy of conspiracy theories on the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:

I was talking in terms of American or comparable money. Guess I should have made that clear... I'm pretty sure Zimbabwe also has 100 TRILLION dollar notes...lol

Turns out though that those bonds with the Japanese men were fake. Question is... what were they going to do with them anyways?

1. What is the significance of the 18.5 billion dollars belonging to Iran being stopped in Turkey?

The 18.5 billion dollars belonging to Iran being stopped in Turkey is significant because it represents a large amount of money that could potentially be used for various purposes, such as funding Iran's nuclear program or supporting terrorist organizations. It also raises questions about the relationship between Iran and Turkey and their involvement in international financial transactions.

2. How did the 18.5 billion dollars end up in Turkey?

The 18.5 billion dollars belonging to Iran were transferred to Turkey through a complex network of financial transactions involving multiple countries. It is believed that the money was originally obtained through illegal activities, such as smuggling and money laundering, and then funneled through various channels to reach Turkey.

3. Who is responsible for stopping the 18.5 billion dollars?

The Turkish government, specifically the Turkish Financial Crimes Investigation Board (MASAK), is responsible for stopping the 18.5 billion dollars belonging to Iran. MASAK detected and froze the funds as part of their efforts to combat money laundering and terrorist financing.

4. What will happen to the 18.5 billion dollars now that it has been stopped in Turkey?

The fate of the 18.5 billion dollars is uncertain at this time. The Turkish government has not disclosed any further details about the frozen funds or their plans for them. It is possible that the money will be returned to Iran or used for other purposes, such as funding investigations into illegal financial activities.

5. Is this the first time that Iran's money has been stopped in Turkey?

No, this is not the first time that Iran's money has been stopped in Turkey. In 2018, the United States pressured Turkey to freeze Iranian assets in Turkish banks as part of their sanctions against Iran. It is not uncommon for countries to freeze or seize assets belonging to other nations as a means of exerting political pressure or enforcing financial regulations.