1D potential set examples

In summary, a 1D potential set example is a simplified model used in physics to represent the potential energy of a system as a function of a single variable. It is related to potential energy and is commonly used in scientific research to study the behavior of systems in a simplified manner. These models can be extended to higher dimensions and are essential in many areas of physics and chemistry.
morve
Y7YJE.jpg

Image is a set of 1D potentials which i need more examples and their solutions containing transmitting states, bounded states, scattering states and coefficients.

I searched with

"1D potential combinations"

"1D potential set"

keywords but can not find anything yet.

Which keyword should i use to find solutions of well, barrier, delta combining potentials.

P.S. I know this is off topic but i must ask, thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Try quantum scattering

1. What is a 1D potential set example?

A 1D potential set example is a simplified model used in physics to represent the potential energy of a system as a function of a single variable. It is often used to study the behavior of objects moving in a straight line, such as particles in a one-dimensional box or a simple harmonic oscillator.

2. How is a 1D potential set example related to potential energy?

The 1D potential set example is a mathematical representation of the potential energy of a system, which is the energy stored in a system due to its configuration. By analyzing the potential energy function, we can determine the behavior of the system and make predictions about its motion.

3. What are some common examples of 1D potential sets?

Some common examples of 1D potential sets include the infinite square well potential, the harmonic oscillator potential, and the barrier potential. These models are used to study different physical systems, such as electrons in a semiconductor or atoms in a crystal lattice.

4. How are 1D potential sets used in scientific research?

1D potential sets are used in scientific research to study the behavior of systems in a simplified manner. By using these models, scientists can make predictions and gain insights into the behavior of more complex systems. They are also used to develop new theories and test them experimentally.

5. Can 1D potential sets be extended to higher dimensions?

Yes, 1D potential sets can be extended to higher dimensions. In fact, there are similar models for 2D and 3D systems, where the potential energy depends on two or three variables, respectively. These models are used to study more complex systems, such as molecules and solids, and are essential in many areas of physics and chemistry.