What are the Benefits of Downloading 1GB of Mathematics Ebooks for Self-Study?

In summary, the conversation discusses the discovery of a download of mathematics ebooks and scans covering various topics. The books are of different levels of difficulty and can be helpful for students, including self-study. The download is attached to the topic and can be accessed through a bittorrent client. The legality of the books is questioned and it is suggested that most of them are not copyrighted.
Gaz031
I recently found a download of many mathematics ebooks/scans which cover various topics such as real and complex algebra, calculus, complex analysis, geometry, number theory, trigonometry, topology and many many more.

There are various books of various different levels of difficulty. I think this would help a lot of students and even allow some, such as myself to 'teach themselves' a lot of things, such as when preparing to go to university.

As the site at hand has other, more ethically questionable content, I have downloaded the torrents and attached them to this topic as zip files.
To begin downloading, simply download the attachment, unzip the file, ensure your bittorent client is running and double click the .torrent file.
For a bittorent client i recommend:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/azureus/

Hope you find this of some interest. The torrent files which you need to inform the client of how to begin the downloading process are attached.

Attachments

• Mathematics-rar.zip
    22.9 KB · Views: 375
  • Mathematics2-rar.zip
    20.7 KB · Views: 316
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Are these eBooks copyrighted?

- Warren

Interesting, but unfortunately my connection is too slow to use bittorrent. What a shame...

A friend of mine showed me the links to those awhile ago (they're from lokitorrents) but the only book he chose to give me was the linear algebra book. The filename reads: Linear Algebra Prentice Hall-1972 so you tell me if they're copyrighted :uhh:

Well, copyrights expire after 50 years, IIRC, so these books are most likely still copyrighted. If so, this thread is a violation of physicsforums.com policy.

- Warren

Hmmm... someone posted this URL a while ago:
(dosn't break any copyrights)

http://www.geocities.com/alex_stef/mylist.html

http://www.maths.mq.edu.au/~wchen/ln.html

bah
it's to late at night to write anything :(

oh well. Excuse my bad post structure. There's nowhere near a gig in the above ^^ but meh, quality.

There are very very few copyrighted books in the pack. The majority are ebooks, not scans. They aren't massively commercial. A lot of them were written for university/postgraduate courses it seems.

1. What is included in the "1GB of mathematics Ebooks" collection?

The "1GB of mathematics Ebooks" collection includes a variety of ebooks on topics such as algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and more. It also includes textbooks, study guides, and reference materials.

2. How many ebooks are included in the collection?

The exact number of ebooks may vary, but on average, 1GB of space can hold approximately 200-300 ebooks depending on their size. This collection is likely to have a similar number of ebooks.

3. Are the ebooks in this collection suitable for all levels of mathematics?

Yes, the collection includes ebooks for all levels of mathematics, from basic arithmetic to advanced topics such as differential equations and abstract algebra. It also includes resources for students, teachers, and professionals.

4. Can I access the ebooks on any device?

Yes, the ebooks in this collection are in digital format and can be accessed on any device that supports ebook reading, such as a computer, tablet, or e-reader. Some ebooks may also be available for online reading.

5. Are the ebooks in this collection free to download?

The availability and cost of the ebooks may vary. Some ebooks may be available for free download, while others may require a purchase or subscription. It is important to check the terms and conditions of each ebook before downloading or using them.