What are the coefficients for a 1KW wind turbine?

In summary, the conversation discusses modeling a 1KW windturbine and the equations needed for it. The equation for the cp(lambda,beta) curve is mentioned, which has 6 coefficients specific to a 1.5 MW windturbine. The person is looking for values for a 1 KW wind turbine, but has only found examples of cp(lambda,beta) curves for 1 KW turbines without any discussion on the use of the equation. They also ask if it is possible to use a program to analyze a graph of the curve and come up with a best fit equation. A link to a website with information on wind turbines is provided.
puhlonker

Homework Statement

Model a 1KW windturbine.

Homework Equations

in this link u will find the equation (its equation 2-3) for a fit for a cp(lambda,beta) curve. It has 6 coefficients. The coefficients given are particular to a 1.5 MW windturbine. Does anyone know where I can find any values for a 1 KW wind turbine. I was hoping to find values in papers but alas all i have found so far is examples of cp(lambda,beta) curves for 1 KW turbines. But none of the papers have discussed use of this equation. perhaps i am using the incorrect key words.

also if i take one of the curves I found is it possible to use a program to come up with a best fit equation for it. i mean i'll have the graph as an image. Can those fancy maths programs (matlab or mathematica etc) analyse a graph in an image. cos that would do too.

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't see a link.

dont i feel daft

http://www.kxcad.net/cae_MATLAB/toolbox/physmod/powersys/ref/windturbine.html

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is a 1kw wind turbine model?

A 1kw wind turbine model is a mathematical representation of a wind turbine that is capable of producing 1 kilowatt (kW) of electricity from wind energy. It takes into account various factors such as wind speed, turbine design, and efficiency to predict the power output of the turbine.

2. How accurate are 1kw wind turbine models?

The accuracy of 1kw wind turbine models can vary depending on the complexity of the model and the accuracy of the data used. However, most models have an accuracy of around 90% when compared to real-world data.

3. What factors are considered in 1kw wind turbine modeling?

Some of the key factors considered in 1kw wind turbine modeling include wind speed, air density, turbine blade design, rotor diameter, and generator efficiency. These factors play a crucial role in determining the overall performance of the wind turbine.

4. How is a 1kw wind turbine model validated?

A 1kw wind turbine model is validated by comparing its predicted power output to actual data collected from a real wind turbine. This process helps to identify any discrepancies and improve the accuracy of the model.

5. Can 1kw wind turbine models be used to optimize wind turbine performance?

Yes, 1kw wind turbine models can be used to optimize wind turbine performance by analyzing different design parameters and finding the most efficient configuration. This can help in maximizing the power output and reducing the cost of energy production.