1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

1st year Physics Book at UofT

1. Apr 8, 2009 #1
    What book is used for next year's 1st year physics at University of Toronto? I have a very old Fundamentals of Physics, I read it but didn't do that much problems. (though I did contest questions) I want to restudy everything, this time doing all the problems. I want to buy the exact text book so I don't waste money.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 8, 2009 #2
    They use physics for scientists and engineers by knight, 2nd edition.

4. Apr 8, 2009 #3
    Hi, do you know if they will be using it next year? Should I buy it now?

5. Apr 10, 2009 #4
    no one knows that, they probably will but you never know - there might be a new edition or some new professors take over.

dont buy it. when school starts you can get a used one really cheap downtown. right now borrow it from a library. i suggest you work through halliday if you have that, in many ways its better and at the same level.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook