What Did I Miss This Morning at 1WTC?

• Thread starter OmCheeto
  • Start date
In summary, this morning at 1WTC, there were several important events that occurred. The most notable was a press conference held by the building's management team, announcing the successful completion of a major renovation project. Additionally, there was a charity event taking place in the lobby, where employees and visitors could donate to a local homeless shelter. There were also several high-profile meetings and discussions happening throughout the building, including a business summit and a potential partnership negotiation. Overall, it was a busy and productive morning at 1WTC.
OmCheeto
Gold Member
I heard about this, this morning.

usa-worldtradeccenter.jpg

Odd.

I've been on vacation all week.

I was on a week long vacation on 9/11.

I would mention what song just cued up, but that would just freak everyone out.

Good night.

Physics news on Phys.org
OmCheeto said:

Not me. I can't think of any song that would have any significance in this regard.
That's a beautiful photo. I just saw the item about the construction completion on the news about half an hour ago. I didn't even know that it was being done.

Danger said:
Not me. I can't think of any song that would have any significance in this regard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3uaXCJcRrE

That's a beautiful photo. I just saw the item about the construction completion on the news about half an hour ago. I didn't even know that it was being done.

Being on the left coast, an void of TV, I didn't even know they'd started a new building. :blushing:

I don't get it. What's odd? That the lights are on?

OmCheeto said:

Being on the left coast, an void of TV, I didn't even know they'd started a new building. :blushing:

Who gets news from a T.V. anymore? Clearly you have a computer and access to the internet...

leroyjenkens said:
I don't get it. What's odd? That the lights are on?

It was just a coincidence. I rarely take week long vacations except in July.
My sisters both flew in from out of state the week of 9/11, so I took the week off.
A friend called me on the phone and got me out of bed after the first plane crash. So I turned on the TV and watched the 2nd plane crash. Then I watched both buildings collapse. Then my sisters called and invited me over, and the three of us painted my brothers living room.

I took this week off, because I'm tired of losing vacation time. If I don't use it, I lose it.

Take a week off, the buildings come down.
Take a week off, the building's back up.

:smile:

Borg said:
Matt Lauer from the Today show was up on the crane and gave the signal to lift the last piece. I hope he was belted well. That was pretty high up.

I get dizzy just watching the video.

Hey! Someone in the area needs to take a picture of the new building from the following spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoP4cZM-lyM​

I never noticed the twin towers in the background, until after they were gone. And then I was like; "Holy Moses! Those suckers were tall!"

I'd never seen them in real life.

Oh, and this past Monday was my birthday. I'd like to thank New York for giving me a great present to top off the week.

-----------------------------
Yes, the universe does revolve around me.

Last edited by a moderator:
OmCheeto said:

I was thinking "WTF" until just now when I looked up the lyrics. There's a glitch in my speech processing system (not my hearing), so I don't usually know what a singer is saying. Now I get it; very appropriate indeed. (I hadn't clicked on your link because I didn't want to listen to it.)

Last edited:
OmCheeto said:
I get dizzy just watching the video.
I'm honored to be part of the 99,060. :tongue2:

OmCheeto said:
I heard about this, this morning.

usa-worldtradeccenter.jpg

Odd.

I've been on vacation all week.

I was on a week long vacation on 9/11.

Good night.
I pass the towers flying in and out of the NY area. It's been nice to watch the progress. I had flown passed them a week before 9/11 and then two weeks after. It was pretty wrenching to see the aftermath.

Astronuc said:
I pass the towers flying in and out of the NY area. It's been nice to watch the progress. I had flown passed them a week before 9/11 and then two weeks after. It was pretty wrenching to see the aftermath.

I have to admit, that we were somewhat ambivalent over here. Having never been to New York, and without a single friend living there, it was more like stuff going on in another part of the world. Yah, it was the USA, but it was outside of our realm of experience. Something to watch on TV. (I still had cable back then.)

Though, within days of the event, I had one of those weird, "the physics aren't quite right here" nightmares, where with shear mental dream power, I stopped a 747 that was headed for our local, mini-me version.

_DSC0122_edited-1-M.jpg

Though only 40 stories high, it was at the time, our tallest building. (We have that stupid Cascadia Subduction Zone event to worry about.)

It may have been the similar exterior architecture that told my subconscious; "Ya know, this could happen here..."

But now, with this stupid internet, I have friends all over the country, and all over the world. So now, no matter what happens nearly anywhere, it's a lot more personal.

This is why I was so ahead of the curve on the Arab Spring. I'd just made a FB friend in Tunisia. I was like; "Mohammed! Stay away from the riots!" I was glued to Al Jazeera for a month. Of course, Mohammed never posts on Facebook. I think he befriended me, because I was saying what he couldn't. I can cuss, and swear, and point out painful facts all day, and only have to worry about my sister complaining about my swearing. I understood that he didn't have that freedom, and would likely be hauled away and executed for speaking his mind.

Nearly everything he posted, were ambiguous, but powerful, and in my feeble mind, ultimately, hopeful images:

13 January 2011

17 January 2011

To which I could only post; "We hope that you are well."
13 February 2011

To which he shared his one and only correspondence with me; "thanks omcheeto:)"
22 February 2011

That's not right... He said; "thanks omcheeto :)"

Good god. I appear to be on a rant.
I must be drunk again... :grumpy:

Anyways... Thank you Astro.

And yes Greg, it is good to have that skyline fixed again!

Wait! Do know how to tell when Om is really drunk? He starts playing Sinatra...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0_S62E2ylY​

hic!

Last edited by a moderator:
OmCheeto said:
I must be drunk again... :grumpy:

Wait! Do know how to tell when Om is really drunk? He starts playing Sinatra...

Your member profile is a tad vague as to what dimension you live in, let alone what country.
Regardless, I am most definitely going to have to teach you how to hold your booze; you're starting to embarrass me. It takes pride and true dedication to be a proper alcoholic, and you're slacking off.

Hey, though—I like those images that your friend sent.
(New post because I didn't want to ruin the last one with something serious.)

Danger said:
Your member profile is a tad vague as to what dimension you live in, let alone what country.
Regardless, I am most definitely going to have to teach you how to hold your booze; you're starting to embarrass me. It takes pride and true dedication to be a proper alcoholic, and you're slacking off.
Fixed!
Danger said:
Hey, though—I like those images that your friend sent.
(New post because I didn't want to ruin the last one with something serious.)

He only posted one other image subsequent to those. I assume it is him, standing in front of a white board in what appears to be a classroom. My guess is that he is an instructor.

I just checked his profile. There's scant little about him, except for his birthday, and the following:

Favourite Quotations
"Art is whereby the forms become human" , Jean-Luc Godard
"The greatness of a business is first and foremost to unite people", Antoine de Saint Exupéry

Political Views
anti far right (not just political ... cultural, religious, etc.)

All posted in French. The above are google translations.

OmCheeto said:
All posted in French. The above are google translations.

The only miscommunication that I have with Mohammed is the bit about his Political Views—anti far right. In the context of your country I don't know what that means. Here it means that we'd be punting Stephen Harper off of the dock at Peggy's Cove. I suspect that something different applies in this case.

1. What time did 1WTC open this morning?

1WTC opened at 8:00 AM this morning.

2. Is there any construction happening at 1WTC this morning?

Yes, there is construction happening at 1WTC this morning. However, it is limited to certain areas and should not affect regular operations.

3. Are there any special events or ceremonies happening at 1WTC this morning?

No, there are no special events or ceremonies happening at 1WTC this morning. It is a regular business day at the building.

4. How many floors are currently open to the public at 1WTC this morning?

There are currently 82 floors open to the public at 1WTC this morning, with plans to eventually have 104 floors open.

5. Is there any scheduled maintenance or closures at 1WTC this morning?

There is no scheduled maintenance or closures at 1WTC this morning. The building is fully operational and open to the public as usual.