Is 2,000 Posts in 9 Months a PF Record? Celebrating with Cookies!

• Thread starter Drakkith
  • Start date
In summary: It seems that peng is just outside the top 30 :biggrin::rofl: Yeah, GD posts doesn't count... :biggrin:
Drakkith
Mentor
Woohoo! I just hit 2,000 posts! That's 2,000 posts in 9 months! I wonder if that's some sort of PF record? I demand cookies!

Physics news on Phys.org
Wow, congrats :approve:! And you've had 4 more since then!

Anyone think that I spend too much time here on PF?o:)

A girlfriend/boyfriend is what you need, not a cookie. Or perhaps a hobby, like whittling.

Drakkith said:
Anyone think that I spend too much time here on PF?o:)

How can you ever put "too much time" and "PF" in one sentence? :smile:

micromass said:

You can never spend too much time on PF.

Congrats Drakkith!

I believe it'll take me 2000 days AT LEAST to reach that number of posts. :biggrin:

Congrats. :)

*loads cookies into your cache*

Talk to me when you've hit 5000

HeLiXe said:
*loads cookies into your cache*

NOM NOM NOM!

Pengwuino said:
Talk to me when you've hit 5000

Maybe before christmas! Everyone needs a goal after all!

Drakkith said:
Maybe before christmas! Everyone needs a goal after all!

Please. Mind yourself when you're talking to the likes of 5k'ers like me.

Pengwuino said:
Please. Mind yourself when you're talking to the likes of 5k'ers like me.

Well, you are about to hit 6k, so maybe we should get you a cake!

A fish you mean. A big one. :biggrin:

I'll take a statue. A gold statue. It should grace the front of the website so that all may see and know what the score is.

Pengwuino said:
I'll take a statue. A gold statue. It should grace the front of the website so that all may see and know what the score is.

How about a big shiny gold Donkey? :biggrin:

Drakkith said:
How about a big shiny gold Donkey? :biggrin:

A golden statue made of gold from the farthest reaches of the East Indies. GET TO IT.

Pengwuino said:
A golden statue made of gold from the farthest reaches of the East Indies. GET TO IT.

*Calls UPS*
Done.

Hey, I have an idea, why don't we have a golden fish statue and smack those who reach the 5k posts with it, so hard! :tongue2:

drizzle said:
Hey, I have an idea, why don't we have a golden fish statue and smack those who reach the 5k posts with it, so hard! :tongue2:

It is agreed!

I did a quick search, and it appears that Drakkith is at place 149 of most posts!
Let's talk again when you're in the top 100 :biggrin:

micromass said:
Beats me with a stick.

micromass said:
I did a quick search, and it appears that Drakkith is at place 149 of most posts!

Will do!

micromass said:

How do you perform that search? I'd love to be able to check it myself.

Drakkith said:
How do you perform that search? I'd love to be able to check it myself.

Relay the information to me too.

Here is the list of most prolific posters:

https://www.physicsforums.com/memberlist.php?order=DESC&sort=posts&pp=30

every page is 30 posters. It seems that peng is just outside the top 30 :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
:rofl: Yeah, GD posts doesn't count... :biggrin:

1. What is considered a PF record for number of posts in a certain period of time?

The official record for the most posts on the PF (Physics Forums) forum in a specific time frame has not been determined. However, 2,000 posts in 9 months is an impressive accomplishment and is likely to be among the highest number of posts in that time period.

2. Who currently holds the record for the most posts on PF in a specific time frame?

As mentioned, there is no official record for the most posts on PF in a specific time frame. Therefore, it is difficult to determine who currently holds this record. However, individuals who frequently contribute to the forum and actively engage in discussions are likely to have a high number of posts.

3. How does the number of posts contribute to an individual's reputation on PF?

The number of posts an individual has on PF does not directly contribute to their reputation. Reputation on the forum is determined by the quality of their contributions, helpfulness, and overall engagement with the community.

4. Is there a significance to the number of posts an individual has on PF?

The number of posts an individual has on PF may signify their level of activity and engagement on the forum, but it does not necessarily reflect their knowledge or expertise in a certain subject. Quality of contributions is more important than quantity.

5. How can an individual celebrate reaching a high number of posts on PF?

Some individuals may choose to celebrate reaching a high number of posts on PF by sharing their accomplishment with the community, thanking those who have engaged with them, or simply continuing to actively contribute and engage with others on the forum. Celebrating with cookies is a fun and lighthearted way to commemorate the achievement.