Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

2-D plots that vary over time

1. Apr 9, 2009 #1
    I am having a difficult time finding a way to efficiently plot something that varies over time. I have written a program that outputs three lists of numbers like:

time space value
    x
    y
    z

I want to be able to input those lists and plot 'space' and 'value' against each other in a single plot for time =x and then, perhaps, press a button and move onto the next time.

I have access to matlab and maple and i've toyed around with it for hours. Short of plotting all of these time frames manually, I am not sure how I would go about doing this.

It is probably helpful to note that my programming knowledge is minimal for anything outside of C.

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 14, 2009 #2
    I've done things like this in MATLAB. Why do you think it will be difficult? What are you getting hung up on? Do you want a GUI or are you looking for something you can run from the command line?

-Kerry

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook