Answer 2D Space Homework: Is the Max Unknowns 1?

• Thread starter Tiven white
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Space
In summary, the conversation is discussing the maximum number of unknown variables that can exist in two dimensional space. The options given are 4, 2, 3, 1, and 0. The person asking the question has eliminated options C, A, and E and is leaning towards option 1. They then ask for more clarification and the person responding explains that it is a question applied to vectors and asks for further explanation.
Tiven white

Homework Statement

In two dimensional space the maximum number if unknown information is
A. 4
B. 2
C. 3
D. 1
E. O

Homework Equations

So I've eliminated c a and e and am more leaning g towards 1 is this correct

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
I think you should explain more about your question.Its not at all obvious to me what you're talking about!

Shyan said:
I think you should explain more about your question.Its not at all obvious to me what you're talking about!

It is a ? Applied to vectors.and it is asking what is the maximum number of ulof unknown variables that can exist i n 2d two dimensional space

1. What does "Max Unknowns 1" mean?

"Max Unknowns 1" refers to the maximum number of unknown variables that can be solved for in a 2D space problem. This means that when solving the problem, you can only have one unknown variable in the final answer.

2. How do I determine the number of unknowns in a 2D space problem?

To determine the number of unknowns in a 2D space problem, you must count the number of variables that are not given or known in the problem. These variables are considered unknowns and the maximum number of unknowns allowed in a 2D space problem is 1.

3. Can there be more than one unknown variable in a 2D space problem?

No, the maximum number of unknown variables allowed in a 2D space problem is 1. This is to ensure that the problem can be solved accurately and efficiently.

4. What happens if there are more than 1 unknown variable in a 2D space problem?

If a 2D space problem has more than 1 unknown variable, it is considered an indeterminate problem and cannot be solved using traditional methods. In this case, more information or equations are needed to solve for the unknown variables.

5. Can the maximum number of unknowns in a 2D space problem be changed?

No, the maximum number of unknowns in a 2D space problem is a fixed rule and cannot be changed. This is to ensure that the problem can be solved accurately and efficiently.