Optimizing Control with Relative Gain Array in Simulink

In summary, the individual is seeking guidance on how to control a system with a relative gain array of 0.8537 and 0.1463 and how to pair the inputs and outputs. They also ask for clarification on when to tune the controller for the second loop and how to approach the overall process.
gfd43tg
Gold Member

Homework Statement

Hello, I want to control a system that looks like this
upload_2015-12-16_14-12-16.png

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

So my relative gain array is

$$ \Lambda = \begin{bmatrix} 0.8537 & 0.1463 \\ 0.1463 & 0.8537 \end{bmatrix} $$
So I know I should pair ##u_{1}## with ##y_1## and ##u_2## with ##y_2##

Here is my simulink block
upload_2015-12-16_14-14-4.png

I know when ##0 < \lambda_{ij} < 1##, then I should tune the controller with the second loop closed. However, does that mean I should delete the second controller and work with only one controller initially? What is the "Second Loop"? I don't know which pathway that corresponds to!

Physics news on Phys.org
I was able to solve it by just creating a separate controller and tuning each ##g_{c1}## for ##g_{11}## and ##g_{c2}## for ##g_{22}##, then putting those controllers into my simulink model in the OP. However, I'm wondering in general what steps should be done?

What is 2 input-2 output control?

2 input-2 output control is a type of control system in which two input variables are used to control two output variables. This system is commonly used in various industries, such as manufacturing, robotics, and process control.

How does 2 input-2 output control work?

In a 2 input-2 output control system, the two input variables are measured and used to calculate the appropriate control actions for the two output variables. These control actions are then applied to the system to achieve the desired output values.

What are the advantages of using 2 input-2 output control?

2 input-2 output control offers several advantages, including improved performance, increased efficiency, and greater flexibility. This control system allows for more precise control over the output variables, leading to better overall system performance.

What are the components of a 2 input-2 output control system?

A 2 input-2 output control system typically includes sensors to measure the input variables, a controller to calculate the control actions, and actuators to apply the control actions to the output variables. It may also include feedback mechanisms to monitor and adjust the control actions as needed.

What are some real-world applications of 2 input-2 output control?

2 input-2 output control is commonly used in various industries, such as manufacturing, robotics, and process control, to control variables such as temperature, speed, and position. It is also used in household appliances, such as air conditioners and refrigerators, to maintain desired settings.