1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

2 Quantum Questions.

1. Jan 10, 2010 #1
    I have two seperate homework questions here.

1. Kyle, the nuclear physicist, has just discovered a new subatomic particle which he has named the "moron". The Kinetic Energy of a moron is equal to the energy of a photon. the moron moves at 5% the speed of light. find the ratio of the photon wavelength to the de Broglie wavelength of the moron.

So i know Ek of the moron = E of Photon
    and the V of the moron = 0.05 * c

I also know the final answer is 40 : 1 ratio and that this is more of a generalised equation then punching numbers into a calculator type problem. Just need a starting point to figure this out.

2. By what potential diffrence must a proton be accelerated to have a wavelength Wave = 0.0009nm

I can't seem to remember any equations that involve both Voltage and the quantum unit. im not asking for an answer just a equation to start me off.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted