1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

2 Simple Pressure Problems

1. Oct 14, 2007 #1
    I'm doing an online quiz for my course, however the system does not accept my answers for these 2 problems. Could you tell me how to solve them.

1. If a vacuum gauge connected to a chamber gives a reading of 41 kPa where the local atmospheric pressure is given as 1.01325 bar, what is the absolute pressure in the chamber? Give your answer in Pa and correct to 4 significant figures in scientific notation eg 4.535e4 uses four significant figures but 4.5350e4 uses five.

My answer was 1.423x10^5 Pa

2. If the fluids contained in a container are layered from the bottom to the top as shown.
    [​IMG]
    What is the pressure at point 1 given fluid 1 has a density of 622kg/m3 and h1 is 210mm, fluid 2 has a density of 952 kg/m3 and h2 is 84mm and fluid 3 has a density of 13,637 kg/m3 and h3 is 60mm. Take g = 9.8m/s, Patm = 1.01325 bar and give your answer in kPa correct to 5 significant figures.

My answer here was 111.40732 kPa

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted