Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

2 sound cards

1. Nov 25, 2007 #1
    My son wants to record both voice and instruments on his computer. He has a mixer but it only records (on pc) one track for both. He needs two tracks.
    Would two sound cards be able to do this? This is for a new pc that I'm buying so any suggestion what I need would be a big help.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 27, 2007 #2
    What about recording both seperately and then combining them later?

4. Nov 27, 2007 #3
    This has been tried and he thinks he could get better results with a 2 track system.
    Also he wants to pick up some accustics from the guitar as he drums on it. He plays a similar style as Justin King.

5. Nov 27, 2007 #4

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

6. Nov 28, 2007 #5
    A good quality sound card with an an excellent software bundle is the ASUS Xonar D2. If I didn't get such a good deal on my Creative X-Fi, it would have been my next sound card.

Lots of features... EMI shield, 7.1-channel, 118dB spec SNR, good cable bundle, digital and analog I/Os...

http://techgage.com/print/asus_xonar_d2_sound_card

In the past i've never really had a tendancy to sway towards one company, but over the past few years ASUS has been turning out some high quality equipment at fair prices. I sometimes second guess purchasing the the X-Fi over the Xonar.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?