20 best paying jobs in the US

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jobs
In summary: Texas. In summary, the highest paying jobs in the United States include surgeons, obstetricians and gynecologists, anesthesiologists, internists, pediatricians, psychiatrists, family and general practitioners, dentists, chief executives, airline pilots, copilots and flight engineers, podiatrists, lawyers, optometrists, computer and information systems managers, physicists, air traffic controllers, petroleum engineers, nuclear engineers, judges, magistrate judges, and magistrates, and marketing managers. These jobs have median annual earnings ranging from $65.89/hr for surgeons to $37.70/hr for marketing managers. However, it should be noted that these are only averages and salaries can vary greatly depending on factors such as experience
First of all calm down, relax have a drink.

I am already drunk, so...

Then, re read what i wrote. PHYSICISTS were listed as the top 14th best earners. So my questions was what does a physicist mean because a physicists can be working in any field from optics to nuclear etc etc. So my question was which field of physics could earn you the top 14th position in the league table of the higest earners.

You wrote :
thats true mate but the thing says 'physicists' and not 'physicians'

Now, you say that you asked about which physics field ? I don't see that question in your last post. Maybe because i am drunk ?

Why am i talking about doctors ? Because they are THE top earners. That's all. Didn't you read the list ?

marlon

Physics news on Phys.org
marlon said:
I am already drunk, so...

You wrote :
thats true mate but the thing says 'physicists' and not 'physicians'

Now, you say that you asked about which physics field ? I don't see that question in your last post. Maybe because i am drunk ?

Why am i talking about doctors ? Because they are THE top earners. That's all. Didn't you read the list ?

marlon

With all due respect,

i don't understand y u even bother.

Let me repost what i have posted :

when u say physicists, what do you mean? people who work for companies such as CERN? was my question rite based on these statistics :

15. Physicists
$40.26/hr
$83,750/yr

So my question was/is that which part of physics can get a good job? And you started talking about medicine. How is medicine related to physics?

This is a great site to look up salaries in the US. This is accurate and up to date.

This page is for "Software engineers", my friend makes $150,000 a year.

According to Robert Half Technology, starting salaries for software engineers in software development ranged from $66,500 to $99,750 in 2007

http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos267.htm

Physicists and Astronomers

http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos052.htm

Just click on the A-Z index at the top to look up whatever job title you want.

Anesthesiology over 1 year in specialty $321,686 annually. That's what the Evo child wants to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
hasnain721 said:
With all due respect,

i don't understand y u even bother.

Let me repost what i have posted :

when u say physicists, what do you mean? people who work for companies such as CERN? was my question rite based on these statistics :

15. Physicists
$40.26/hr
$83,750/yr

So my question was/is that which part of physics can get a good job? And you started talking about medicine. How is medicine related to physics?
:rofl:

But i NEVER talked about physicists in the first place. Quit turning things around, dude. All iever said was : doctors are indeed the top earners but one should also look at the heavy working schedules that those people have. That's all.

The YOU reacted to my post by saying : "thats true mate but the thing says 'physicists' and not 'physicians' "

So,

1) you ask me why i bother while it was YOU who first reacted to my post ?
2) How does this answer of yours relate to ANYTHING i said in my post towards MONIQUE ?

Pfff,

marlon

Evo said:
This is a great site to look up salaries in the US.

thanks...what about physicists?

Evo said:
This is a great site to look up salaries in the US.

Evo has rich friends...

Is this friend a hot single woman ?

marlon

hasnain721 said:

or doctors...

marlon

marlon said:
:rofl:

But i NEVER talked about physicists in the first place. Quit turning things around, dude. All iever said was : doctors are indeed the top earners but one should also look at the heavy working schedules that those people have. That's all.

The YOU reacted to my post by saying : "thats true mate but the thing says 'physicists' and not 'physicians' "

So,

1) you ask me why i bother while it was YOU who first reacted to my post ?
2) How does this answer of yours relate to ANYTHING i said in my post towards MONIQUE ?

Pfff,

marlon

oooooh skeeeen...i thout u were talking to me. The 'quote' button is there for a reason mate.

hasnain721 said:
oooooh skeeeen...i thout u were talking to me. The 'quote' button is there for a reason mate.

To what post are you referring ? Just point out the number.

I reacted to what Monique stated. That's all. Then you jumped in.

You are making no sense at all MATE

marlon

edit : and how about you answering my two questions, huh, matie

marlon said:
To what post are you referring ? Just point out the number.

marlon

maaaate,

jus dun worry innit. I am not here to argue ...if u want to i dont! I've got better things to do and stop quoting my posts because i am trying to find an answer to my question :

which field in physics can get u one of the top paying job?

hasnain721 said:
maaaate,

jus dun worry innit. I am not here to argue ...if u want to i dont! I've got better things to do and stop quoting my posts because i am trying to find an answer to my question :which field in physics can get u one of the top paying job?

I am sorry, but YOU started reacting to what i said. You started quoting me, mate !

Now, you say stop quoting me ? :rofl:

priceless, but very common...

edit : to get a top paying job, you don't need to go into physics. Did you NOT read the list ?

i am not even going to bother ,anybody else ,which field in physics can get u one of the top paying job?Thanks.

hasnain721 said:
i am not even going to bother ,

anybody else ,

Thanks.

Me neither, but stop asking stupid questions then

Besides, READ THE LIST ! Physics does not going to make you rich

hasnain721 said:
You are not going to get rich as a physicist, nor can you predict which specialties will be in the highest demand years from now unless you have a crystal ball. If you want to earn a lot of money, accept a low-paying job in a marginal business with very generous performance bonuses, then work your tail off and exceed the company's expectations. It ain't easy, but it works.

marlon said:
Me neither, but stop asking stupid questions then

how the hell is it a stupid question?

marlon said:
Besides, READ THE LIST ! Physics does not going to make you rich

[/QUOTE]

15. Physicists
$40.26/hr
$83,750/yr

time to visit specsavers innit.

turbo-1 said:
You are not going to get rich as a physicist, nor can you predict which specialties will be in the highest demand years from now unless you have a crystal ball. If you want to earn a lot of money, accept a low-paying job in a marginal business with very generous performance bonuses, then work your tail off and exceed the company's expectations. It ain't easy, but it works.

thanks for replying turbo,

i understand what you mean. However, the list lists physicists as 15th among the top earners. Does that mean that a physics degree can get you a good paying job overall or can it get u a job in some where like CERN which is a top paying job?

hasnain721 said:

marlon said:
or doctors...

marlon
http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos074.htm

hasnain721 said:
thanks for replying turbo,

i understand what you mean. However, the list lists physicists as 15th among the top earners. Does that mean that a physics degree can get you a good paying job overall or can it get u a job in some where like CERN which is a top paying job?
In physics, you generally can jockey for a decent position (if you've got the smarts) and gain a relatively safe and modest wage. If you are willing to take risks and work for relatively lower wages with generous performance bonuses, you can clean up.

turbo-1 said:
In physics, you generally can jockey for a decent position (if you've got the smarts) and gain a relatively safe and modest wage. If you are willing to take risks and work for relatively lower wages with generous performance bonuses, you can clean up.

I see...

THanks

hasnain721 said:
I see...

THanks
Did you see this?

hasnain721 said:
I see...

THanks
I should have been clearer. You have to get into a field in which you can leverage your talents and your work-ethic. You can make a lot more money in a competitive sales environment than you ever could as a scientist (assuming that you can't write a wildly successful popular-level book about your field).

Monique said:
http://editorial.careers.msn.com/articles/highestpay/

doctors, doctors, doctors..

1. Surgeons
$65.89/hr
$137,050/yr

Hmmm... I find that hard to believe. I know surgeons in the million dollar a year range. While not all of them make that much, none that I know of make less than two or three hundred thousand unless they are working for a volunteer organization or such or the army.

Back