200 dates and no succes

• Thread starter dirk_mec1
  • Start date
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
A 34 year old man in the tv - series "Virgin Diaries" claims to have been on 200 dates by the age of 24 and has no succes in laying with anyone of these women. Setaside the questionability whether the show is fake or not: is this possible?

We all know dating is a numbers game so for him to have been on 200 dates requires approaching thousands (!) of women. I find it highly unlikely that after approaching that many women he would have no succes. He claims to have made out with 11 women of those 200 dates. I have to be honest I haven't watched the show but only clips from it but looking at these clips he has virtually no problem approaching and talking to a woman.

What do you guys think? Is he for real?
The TV series seems to be another pathetic (faux reality = dysfunctional) reality show.

My parents taught me that the most physical intimacy between a man and woman belonged to a unique relationship, namely marriage. For me, that has worked. One wife is my one and only partner. I certainly had numerous opportunities, but waited until my wife. I operate under some arcane principles - namely the first woman with whom I slept would be my wife. My wife agreed 32 years ago.

I see that many treat human sexuality as a casual activity, as though it were some trivial pleasurable experience such as drinking, clubbing, movie or some other entertainment, rather than the very special experience it is when reserved for a very special relationship.

My parents and others taught that the sexual experience belongs in a committed relationship, especially where the consequences can be the creation of a new human life.

Dating is a pleasurable experience, but it is the opportunity to learn about the other person and explore the possibility of a more mature relationship, one that could lead to marriage. For me dating was a chance to enjoy the company of a woman who would be a friend and potential wife. She is also someone's daughter, and possibly a sister, niece, etc.

I watched many of my friends engage in casual sex. I chose not to be involved in such activity, and was even criticized for my arcane ways. I however am not disappointed by the outcome. The practical benefit was to avoid STDs that circulated among some acquaintances, not to mention the short term unsatsifactory relationships.

Another misuse of sexuality involves forced interaction. Before I met my wife, I dated a wonderful woman who turned about to be married, a fact that I learned only after dating for several months. At that point in our relationship, I had decided that I wanted to introduce her to my family with the intention of marrying her. But instead, I learned that she was separated from her husband who was in prison. We agreed that we could not continue dating until she decided whether or not to remain married, and I decided that I could not interfere in a marriage, but we resolved to remain friends. Unfortunately, I did not fully understand her situation, that she was being abused. I will forever regret not intervening to get her out of the hell in which she lived for 2.5 years.