Is 200 Dates & No Succes Possible? 34yo Man on Virgin Diaries

• Thread starter dirk_mec1
  • Start date
In summary, a 34-year-old man on the TV show "Virgin Diaries" claims to have been on 200 dates by the age of 24 but has not been successful in having sex with any of these women. The authenticity of the show is questionable, but the possibility of approaching thousands of women to get 200 dates is discussed. The man's high failure rate is attributed to his physical appearance, religious affiliation, and open admission of his virginity. The idea of striking out with 800 women to get 200 dates is seen as embarrassing and the concept of solely seeking sex on these dates is criticized.
dirk_mec1
A 34 year old man in the tv - series "Virgin Diaries" claims to have been on 200 dates by the age of 24 and has no succes in laying with anyone of these women. Setaside the questionability whether the show is fake or not: is this possible?

We all know dating is a numbers game so for him to have been on 200 dates requires approaching thousands (!) of women. I find it highly unlikely that after approaching that many women he would have no succes. He claims to have made out with 11 women of those 200 dates. I have to be honest I haven't watched the show but only clips from it but looking at these clips he has virtually no problem approaching and talking to a woman.

What do you guys think? Is he for real?

Physics news on Phys.org
Setaside the questionability whether this is possible or not, he should approach another thousands, date another 200 and see what he gets.

If he runs away, why not.

Does he remeber all 200 names and what they did on the date?

could be he is:
1. highly forgetful,
2. using the pity-me routine and does not want to admit success, otherwise his tactic is blown to future women he will meet with the "Poor baby, I will take care of you" gene. Ha,ah

dirk_mec1 said:
A 34 year old man in the tv - series "Virgin Diaries" claims to have been on 200 dates by the age of 24 and has no succes in laying with anyone of these women. Setaside the questionability whether the show is fake or not: is this possible?

We all know dating is a numbers game so for him to have been on 200 dates requires approaching thousands (!) of women. I find it highly unlikely that after approaching that many women he would have no succes. He claims to have made out with 11 women of those 200 dates. I have to be honest I haven't watched the show but only clips from it but looking at these clips he has virtually no problem approaching and talking to a woman.

This was the ginger-haired Mormon guy yes?

200 by age 24 seems excessive to me (then again I'd think that, I had none by that age), but it might be real if he spent a lot of time on lots of online dating sites and dated in a wide geographic area.

The "contacting 1000's of women" might just amount to randomly messaging people on these sites or chat rooms. Probably not that hard to do in a year.

Lavabug said:
This was the ginger-haired Mormon guy yes?
Yes.

200 by age 24 seems excessive to me (then again I'd think that, I had none by that age), but it might be real if he spent a lot of time on lots of online dating sites and dated in a wide geographic area.
I diid not watch the show enitrely but it seems like he went out with his mother to go to bars to collect the numbers but did you watch the entire series? Maybe you know more than I do regarding this guy.

The "contacting 1000's of women" might just amount to randomly messaging people on these sites or chat rooms. Probably not that hard to do in a year.
But still getting 200 dates? I don' know anyone who has had that amount of dates at the age of 24.

My knowledge of this show is limited to a few short clips I've seen on youtube. Some of it comes across as fake (not the 3 sisters, I believe that one).

He may have exaggerated as most males do (by a factor of 2 or 3), but in a densely populated area with an easy commute to other big cities + a whole lot of time behind a computer hitting on girls via dating sites, it might be possible.

If his numbers are real, I would attribute his high failure rate to (in ascending order): his physical aspect, religious affiliation, and openness about his virginity (a deal killer for most women with increasing age).

It does seem remarkable that he apparently has enough skills to get 200 dates, but not enough to get anywhere with any of them.

daveyrocket said:
It does seem remarkable that he apparently has enough skills to get 200 dates, but not enough to get anywhere with any of them.

If he's speaking the truth (i.e. if the show is real)

What’s success to this guy (or people who think like this)? If it’s just the sex, there are easier ways of getting that.

Maybe it's the "numbers game" approach, coupled with the obvious tunnel-vision of "getting some". It doesn't take that much skill to get many/most girls to take you up on an offer of a single date. But when you’re sole intention is to score, and you consider any date pointless (or a failure) if she doesn’t come home with you, you’re setting yourself up for failure anyway. Unless she’s on the prowl as well, she’ll see through your feigned interest in her (as a person) and you’ll just wind up looking like a jerk on most of those dates.

Frankly, the idea of striking out with 800 women to land 200 dates is, in my opinion, embarrassing.

\https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoz4Jo5N_tY
Pretty much explains it all.

MarneMath said:
\https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoz4Jo5N_tY
Pretty much explains it all.
Marry me Marne. Save me from this fate.

I lease my wife out for a week for the cost of half a Cornell worth education! Just tell your folks you're still going to college, and then give me the money!

MarneMath said:
I lease my wife out for a week for the cost of half a Cornell worth education! Just tell your folks you're still going to college, and then give me the money!
But I wanted to marry you :frown:

I make it a rule to not marry people whose bodies are smaller than my right bicep.

Restrain himself from further escalation, I find that hard to believe...

dirk_mec1 said:

IMO this is impossible unless the guy has a MAJOR physical or mental flaw.

But getting 200 dates in 18 years is not uncommon if you are single.A date per month , which is logical since you didn't get laid the last time you will probably lose your previous date unless both prefer a platonic relationship.

What is unlikely is a guy dating 200 women and not getting laid.I mean if sex is not one of your goal , then you probably don't have a personality that's likely to chase women enough to get a date per month and you're more likely to really choose your dates carefully.

Realizing that a girl is sexy takes about 1 second , realizing that a girl is interesting and that you have great chemistry with her on the intellectual or emotionnal level takes longer.

Last edited:
I don't think so. The guy wants to remain a virgin until he finds someone and gets married. In a 34 yr life, you can go on 200 'dates'. I don't think dates necessary means 200 different women, but even if it did, dating from 16-34 is 18 yrs of trying, and I know personally, if I wanted to I could go on 200 dates with different women during that time. The key factor is that for one reason or another none of this relationships have lead to the prospect of marriage and thus he has never allowed himself to commit.

Coorect me if I'm wrong but In the tv-series he said that by the age of 24 he had 200 dates and not by the age of 34.

My mistake, you're right :).

MarneMath said:
My mistake, you're right :).
Apology accepted.

Which means that, extrapolating the results, he's been over 10/6*200 + 200 = 534 dates already (assuming he started at 18). That is incredible.

A man which is reasonably good at dating has a succes result of 25:1 of approaching girls which will lead to a date. This mean he has (assuming they were all different women): 534*25 = 13350 women approached in 16 years! Is this reasonable or is this fake?

Calculating backwards: 200 dates in 6 years amounts to 3 or 4 dates per month or approximately 1 date per week, that is the situation most men are dying to get into...

Last edited:
I think your numbers are off. 25:1? Maybe at a nightclub...

When I was younger, I'd usually have 2-3 dates every weekend, with different men. A Friday night date, an afternoon and a night date on Saturday. So it's not that hard to rack up 200 dates with different people in 2 years. But I didn't keep up that pace for years, I would occasionally date someone for up to 3 months, I never dated steadily during the summer though, that was when I dated freely.

When I was in my teens, "going steady" was a big thing and frowned upon, people were supposed to date different people, it seems that's no longer the case.

Another thing was that many girls weren't allowed to date or even wear makeup until they were 16, my mom allowed me to wear makeup when I was 14 and so many girls hated that. My parents actually said I shouldn't go out without makeup, it made that much of a difference, I'm not a natural beauty, but with makeup, the difference was amazing. I had bronchitis once and I went to work without makeup and my boss told me I looked like sh!t without it.

Last edited:
Evo said:
My parents actually said I shouldn't go out without makeup,
One's parents were wrong!

I'm not a natural beauty,
I vehemently disagree!

I went to work without makeup and my boss told me I looked like sh!t without it.
One's boss was wrong!

Last edited:
dirk_mec1 said:

The TV series seems to be another pathetic (faux reality = dysfunctional) reality show.

My parents taught me that the most physical intimacy between a man and woman belonged to a unique relationship, namely marriage. For me, that has worked. One wife is my one and only partner. I certainly had numerous opportunities, but waited until my wife. I operate under some arcane principles - namely the first woman with whom I slept would be my wife. My wife agreed 32 years ago.

I see that many treat human sexuality as a casual activity, as though it were some trivial pleasurable experience such as drinking, clubbing, movie or some other entertainment, rather than the very special experience it is when reserved for a very special relationship.

My parents and others taught that the sexual experience belongs in a committed relationship, especially where the consequences can be the creation of a new human life.

Dating is a pleasurable experience, but it is the opportunity to learn about the other person and explore the possibility of a more mature relationship, one that could lead to marriage. For me dating was a chance to enjoy the company of a woman who would be a friend and potential wife. She is also someone's daughter, and possibly a sister, niece, etc.

I watched many of my friends engage in casual sex. I chose not to be involved in such activity, and was even criticized for my arcane ways. I however am not disappointed by the outcome. The practical benefit was to avoid STDs that circulated among some acquaintances, not to mention the short term unsatsifactory relationships.

Another misuse of sexuality involves forced interaction. Before I met my wife, I dated a wonderful woman who turned about to be married, a fact that I learned only after dating for several months. At that point in our relationship, I had decided that I wanted to introduce her to my family with the intention of marrying her. But instead, I learned that she was separated from her husband who was in prison. We agreed that we could not continue dating until she decided whether or not to remain married, and I decided that I could not interfere in a marriage, but we resolved to remain friends. Unfortunately, I did not fully understand her situation, that she was being abused. I will forever regret not intervening to get her out of the hell in which she lived for 2.5 years.

1. Can a person really go on 200 dates without any success?

Yes, it is possible for a person to go on 200 dates without any success. Dating is a complex process and success can vary depending on individual preferences and circumstances.

2. Is it unusual for a 34-year-old man to still be a virgin?

No, it is not unusual for a 34-year-old man to still be a virgin. People have different reasons for remaining virgins and there is no age limit for sexual experiences.

3. What are some possible reasons for not having success in dating?

There could be a variety of reasons for not having success in dating. These can include personal preferences, lack of compatibility with potential partners, or not putting oneself out there enough.

4. What can the person do to increase their chances of success in dating?

The person can try to be more open-minded and flexible in their dating preferences, actively seek out potential partners, and work on building their confidence and communication skills.

5. Is there a specific timeline for when someone should have dating success?

No, there is no specific timeline for when someone should have dating success. Every individual's dating journey is unique and success can happen at any time, regardless of age or number of dates.