Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

2005 Nobel Conference and Einstein's Work

1. Jul 10, 2005 #1
    I'll be attending the 2005 Nobel Conference at Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, MN. You can read more about it here. To prepare for the conference, I'd like to read through some of Einstein's papers - particularly those from 1905 or so. I have obtained copies of three papers, but I'm missing quite a few.

First, can someone recommend a location to obtain the rest? I've already tried all links posted on this forum.

Second, I'd like a book recommendation to delve into his work in more detail. I realize there is significance to his work beyond what he intended when he wrote these papers. Can someone recommend such a book? Hopefully this will better prepare me for the conference.

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 10, 2005 #2
  4. Jul 10, 2005 #3

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Do you speak German ?

Daniel.

5. Jul 10, 2005 #4
    Sorry, I do not speak German.

6. Jul 11, 2005 #5

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I would have sent you to a website where you might have read all Einstein's articles in German. All of them in Annalen der Physik.

I hope you can find your way here

http://echo.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/home

Daniel.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?