2005 Nobel Conference and Einstein's Work

In summary, the conversation is about attending the 2005 Nobel Conference at Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, MN and preparing for it by reading through some of Einstein's papers. The speaker asks for recommendations on where to obtain the rest of the papers and for a book to delve into Einstein's work in more detail. They are given a website for the papers, but it requires a subscription and they do not speak German. Another website is recommended where all of Einstein's articles in German can be found.
Alligator
I'll be attending the 2005 Nobel Conference at Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, MN. You can read more about it here. To prepare for the conference, I'd like to read through some of Einstein's papers - particularly those from 1905 or so. I have obtained copies of three papers, but I'm missing quite a few.

First, can someone recommend a location to obtain the rest? I've already tried all links posted on this forum.

Second, I'd like a book recommendation to delve into his work in more detail. I realize there is significance to his work beyond what he intended when he wrote these papers. Can someone recommend such a book? Hopefully this will better prepare me for the conference.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
You might want to try this (requires subscription):

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jabout/5006612/einstein_papers.html

Do you speak German ?

Daniel.

Sorry, I do not speak German.

I would have sent you to a website where you might have read all Einstein's articles in German. All of them in Annalen der Physik.

I hope you can find your way here

http://echo.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/home

Daniel.

What is the 2005 Nobel Conference and how does it relate to Einstein's work?

The 2005 Nobel Conference was an annual event held at Gustavus Adolphus College that focused on the theme of "Einstein's Legacy: Celebrating 100 Years of Relativity." This conference explored the life and work of Albert Einstein, particularly his groundbreaking theories of relativity, which revolutionized our understanding of space, time, and gravity.

Why is Einstein's work considered significant in the field of science?

Einstein's work is considered significant because it fundamentally changed our understanding of the universe. His theories of relativity laid the foundation for modern physics and led to the development of technologies such as nuclear power and GPS. Additionally, his famous equation, E=mc², revolutionized our understanding of energy and matter.

What were some of Einstein's most important contributions to science?

Einstein's most important contributions include his theory of special relativity, which explained the relationship between space and time, and his theory of general relativity, which proposed that gravity is a result of the curvature of space and time. He also made significant contributions to quantum theory and the development of the atomic bomb.

How did Einstein's work impact the scientific community during his time?

Einstein's work sparked a scientific revolution and challenged long-held beliefs in the scientific community. His theories of relativity were initially met with skepticism and criticism, but eventually gained widespread acceptance and continue to influence our understanding of the universe today.

What is the lasting impact of Einstein's work on modern science?

Einstein's work continues to impact modern science in numerous ways. His theories of relativity are essential in understanding the universe and are used in fields such as astronomy, astrophysics, and cosmology. His work also paved the way for advancements in fields such as nuclear energy and particle physics, and his ideas continue to inspire and influence new generations of scientists.