2012 Paralympic Games

• Thread starter trollcast
  • Start date
trollcast
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

Just been watching a bit of them this morning after I came home from school and I have to say they are as exciting to watch (if not more so) than the normal Olympics.

The paralympic judo that was on this morning was far better than the judo at the Olympics. There was no walking round in circles wasting time and some of the moves where pretty damned impressive (Ben Quilter's (sp?) hip throw for the bronxe medal qualifier was superb)

Answers and Replies

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ben Quilter also got thrown. :wink:

http://www.london2012.com/mm/Photo/sport/General/01/42/42/70/1424270_M01.jpg

fuzzyfelt
Gold Member
I agree, the Paralympics is great.

Ryan_m_b
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I've just heard that the paralympics aren't being shown on TV in the USA, instead there will be a summary show after the event is finished :bugeye: whaaaaaaaa??

I've just heard that the paralympics aren't being shown on TV in the USA, instead there will be a summary show after the event is finished :bugeye: whaaaaaaaa??
I would have loved to watch wheelchair rugby. Shame it isn't being shown.

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Yep. The only way to keep up with things here is http://www.london2012.com/paralympics/.

trollcast
Gold Member
The blind football is awesome, it makes rooney and his other 100 thousand pounds a week friends look like amateurs.

Also why did NBC say they aren't showing the games?