Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

2012 Paralympic Games

1. Aug 30, 2012 #1

trollcast

Gold Member

Just been watching a bit of them this morning after I came home from school and I have to say they are as exciting to watch (if not more so) than the normal Olympics.

The paralympic judo that was on this morning was far better than the judo at the Olympics. There was no walking round in circles wasting time and some of the moves where pretty damned impressive (Ben Quilter's (sp?) hip throw for the bronxe medal qualifier was superb)

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 30, 2012 #2

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ben Quilter also got thrown. :wink:

http://www.london2012.com/mm/Photo/sport/General/01/42/42/70/1424270_M01.jpg

4. Aug 30, 2012 #3

fuzzyfelt

Gold Member

I agree, the Paralympics is great.

5. Aug 31, 2012 #4

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

I've just heard that the paralympics aren't being shown on TV in the USA, instead there will be a summary show after the event is finished :bugeye: whaaaaaaaa??

6. Aug 31, 2012 #5
    I would have loved to watch wheelchair rugby. Shame it isn't being shown.

7. Aug 31, 2012 #6

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yep. The only way to keep up with things here is http://www.london2012.com/paralympics/.

8. Aug 31, 2012 #7

trollcast

Gold Member

The blind football is awesome, it makes rooney and his other 100 thousand pounds a week friends look like amateurs.

Also why did NBC say they aren't showing the games?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook