Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

2016 Calendar as document?

1. Oct 13, 2015 #1

Stephen Tashi

Science Advisor

I keep a daily journal and for next year's journal, I'd like to find an online 2016 calendar that could be imported into a word processor (LibreOffice) as a text document so that each day would have date, day of the week, and annotations about holidays. So the document would look like:

January 1, 2016 Friday New Year's Day
    .....text to be inserted by me ...
    January 2, 2016 Saturday
    .....text to be inserted by me...
    January 3, 2016 Sunday

Anyone know of such a calendar?

I want to import the calendar into a text document, not into a spreadsheet.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 13, 2015 #2

DEvens

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Except for the holiday notations, you could create this in any good spreadsheet program, and export it as a text file, in about 2 minutes.

Holidays are location dependent. Depending on your location there are usually in the neighbourhood of 20 holidays per year. You could add those by hand in just a few minutes more.

4. Oct 13, 2015 #3
    You could try applications like Evernote or Onenote, which will give you much more flexibility than a word processor. Or you could try a dedicated software like:
    http://rednotebook.sourceforge.net/

5. Oct 13, 2015 #4

Stephen Tashi

Science Advisor

No, I couldn't do that. But I suppose a user of spreadsheets could. The holiday annotations are the only reason that I want to import a calendar. I can type the date,day information as I go along. I want to save myself the effort of looking up the definitions of the holidays.

In my location, the USA holidays have legal significance (e.g. banks being closed) but the Mexican holidays often coincide with local celebrations - e.g. the closing of downtown streets for festivals or parades. So it would be nice to have both annotated.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook