24v to 12v Interior Led Light

In summary, the conversation is about trying to increase the lighting of a ceiling fan that has a 24v output by using a 12v LED circuit board. However, when plugged in, the LED strobes instead of staying constantly lit. The person is looking for a solution to either stop the strobing or find a way to decrease the voltage without taking up too much space, as there is a glass cover that needs to go over the light. More information is needed about the components on the circuit boards and the purpose of the LEDs before a helpful answer can be provided.
vjventrella
I have a ceiling fan that has a 24v output. It came with a led circuit board to light, however the light is very dim. I purchased a 12v led circuit board to increase the lighting. Now I know that the light is 24v and the new led board is 12v but it was a direct plug in so I thought I would try it out. When I plugged it in, the led lights up, however it strobes. It does not do this when hooked up to a 12v source, it remains lit constantly. Is there anything I could do to stop the strobe and keep it constantly lit? or is there a simple solution to get the voltage down to 12v without taking up a lot of space. Keep in mind that there is a glass cover that needs to go over the light, so I can’t take up too much space. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi
I think we need to know more about the problem before you can get a useful answer.
What do these two circuit boards have on them? It strikes me that the 12V board is for operating with a DC supply but the 24V board can use AC. Are there additional components on the 24V board?
Are the LEDs for indication or illumination?

vjventrella said:
the light is 24v and the new led board is 12v but it was a direct plug in so I thought I would try it out. When I plugged it in, the led lights up, however it strobes.
How many times/sec does it strobe? Approximately will do.

1. What is "24v to 12v Interior Led Light" and how does it work?

"24v to 12v Interior Led Light" is a type of LED light fixture designed specifically for use in vehicles with a 24-volt electrical system. It works by converting the 24-volt power supply to a 12-volt power supply, allowing the LED lights to function properly.

2. Why is a 24v to 12v converter necessary for LED lights in vehicles?

Most vehicles, especially large trucks and commercial vehicles, have a 24-volt electrical system. LED lights, on the other hand, typically require a 12-volt power supply to function. Therefore, a 24v to 12v converter is necessary to ensure that the LED lights can be used in these vehicles.

3. Are there any benefits to using "24v to 12v Interior Led Light" in vehicles?

Yes, there are several benefits to using "24v to 12v Interior Led Light" in vehicles. LED lights are more energy-efficient than traditional incandescent or halogen lights, meaning they use less power and can help improve fuel efficiency in vehicles. They also have a longer lifespan and produce a brighter, more focused light, making them ideal for use in vehicles.

4. Can "24v to 12v Interior Led Light" be used in all types of vehicles?

Yes, "24v to 12v Interior Led Light" can be used in most vehicles, including cars, trucks, RVs, and boats. However, it is important to check the specific electrical requirements of your vehicle and make sure the LED lights you choose are compatible.

5. Are there any safety considerations when using "24v to 12v Interior Led Light" in vehicles?

As with any electrical component, there are some safety considerations to keep in mind when using "24v to 12v Interior Led Light" in vehicles. It is important to properly install and secure the lights to avoid any potential hazards. It is also recommended to use LED lights that are specifically designed for use in vehicles to ensure they meet safety standards.