• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

2D Ising Model Temperature

Homework Statement
Make a chart based on magnetization and temperature for 2d ising model
Homework Equations
none
Hi, Ive been given a homework to do based on 2D Ising model.
Ive already read plenty of articles bout 2d ising model but i'm not fairly certain about some things.
I gotta do a chart similiar to the one I attached. Correct me if im wrong, but on the Y axis, I have to put average of magnetization of the part where "demon" energy is already stabilized and on the X axis put the "temperature"?
Moreover, to get a chart like this, do I have to put temperature, or temperature divided by critical temperature on X axis? Also, how am I supposed to count the "temperature" having energy, demon energy and magnetization?
If I didn't explain my problems completely, feel free to ask me more.
Thanks in advance for any support

Attachments

Lord Jestocost

Gold Member
2018 Award
The „temperature“ on the x-axis has generally to be read as ##T/T_0##, where ##T## is the absolute temperature and ##T_0## is defined as: ##T_0=J/k##. Here, ##J## is the the exchange energy in the 2D Ising model and ##k## the Boltzmann constant.

The „temperature“ on the x-axis has generally to be read as ##T/T_0##, where ##T## is the absolute temperature and ##T_0## is defined as: ##T_0=J/k##. Here, ##J## is the the exchange energy in the 2D Ising model and ##k## the Boltzmann constant.
Thanks dude, really appreciate it.