1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

2nd Bachelors or Masters?

1. Apr 27, 2013 #1
    I would like to get my Masters in EE, but I would just like to make sure that I can get a job in the field with a bachelors in...microbiology. Or would employers think of this as a deficit, preferring to see a solid foundation with a BS in EE instead?

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 27, 2013 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Why do you think you can handle a masters in EE? Do you have all the prerequisite knowledge?
    Why do you think a masters program will accept you?

4. Apr 27, 2013 #3
    I understand that the masters program is rigorous and know that I will have to take 1.5 years' worth of prerequisites. Will they accept me? I don't know.

But, even with my current degree, would it be better for me to take the prerequisites and get a masters rather than to get a 2nd bachelors?

5. Apr 27, 2013 #4

set

I think it is better for you to go for a bachelor's degree because, in order to work in some states/provinces, you need to have a bachelor's degree

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook