With unity position feedbck, i.e. make K2=0, plot root locus as a function of pitch gain (K1). By imposing 2nd order system approximation, estimate settling time, rise time, peak time of the closed-loop system with 20% overshoot.
- Pic of system: https://app.box.com/s/lb7djxnuiwzer1he59rb
- Plant dynamics: https://app.box.com/s/s7szsp7rztjndh58oolc
- Stable system output, Y(s): https://app.box.com/s/amxzxskcbvocbi8uvu59
The Attempt at a Solution
I have derived the open & closed loop transfer functions for the system, when K2=0. From this I have determined the poles & zeros:
- 1 pole at, s=-2
- 1 pole at, s=-1.25
- 1 zero at, s= -0.452
- A complex conjugate pair at, -0.177+/- 0.051j
- Plotted the root locus: https://app.box.com/s/6o5y65btkp3zbvc31cqg
- I now have no idea how to impose 2nd order approx & estimate rise time etc. Please help...