1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

2nd year phys major confused.

1. Sep 12, 2010 #1
    let me start by saying that i love physics and i am very passionate about becoming an astrophysicist, but this semester i am taking my first e&m class and for the first time it my life i actually feel like i am confused (i might add that i am understanding it more than a majority my other peers).
    should i feel tested from the subject material? Is this a sign that maybe i'm not as good at physics as i should be? Those questions are circling around my head... My prof. told me that the unit that we are in is very hard to comprehend (gauss's law).

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2010 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, it's quite normal to be confused by E&M. Your prof is right.

I have no idea what you mean by "maybe i'm not as good at physics as i should be". You're a bit confused, and all that means is, now you have to work harder than you're used to. Perhaps it's been easy up until now, but you're getting into the good stuff and you'll have to find some low gears. Hang in there.

Remember: for the vast majority of successful physicists, it didn't come easy.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook