1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

3 Career Choices

1. Oct 23, 2007 #1
    Alright so I should probably start thinking about what to do in Uni so here are my 3 choices, and i have some questions about them... I like space,physics, aliens, not so much chem, and law
    -Astrophysics(is it easy to find a job?(not teaching). i know it pays pretty good)
    -Civil Engineering(I heard it was the easiest of all eng., i know you can find a job here, how hard is it?)Possibly continue to become a lawyer
    -Business(at a business school like Shoelich@york) then into Coprarate Lawyer

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 23, 2007 #2
    civil is, in general, easier to grasp than electrical, chemical, etc, but it does entail a lot of work. Structural analysis problems take a lot of time, and my civil friends spend more time doing work than I do (mech). Don't go into something like that because you've heard it's easier. You'll feel like your wasting your time for instance, when you take a whole year learning road and highway standards, etc, unless thats somehting you want to do

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?