Is My Kinematics Problem-Solving Approach Correct?

• Thread starter chrisfnet
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Kinematics
In summary, the conversation discussed three physics problems. The first problem involved calculating the time and impact velocity of a ball fired at an angle and speed from a height. The second problem involved finding the tension in two cables suspending a 28kg sign. The third problem involved determining the acceleration and tension in a system of two blocks and an incline.
chrisfnet
I was wondering, given my solutions and the problem statements; if someone could look over my work to see if there are any incorrect solutions/processes.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Problem One.pdf
    310.1 KB · Views: 183
  • Problem Two.pdf
    258.2 KB · Views: 201
  • Problem Four.pdf
    320 KB · Views: 180
Physics news on Phys.org
Problem 1

A ball is fired from a height of 3.0m above the ground, with a speed of 13m/s and an angle of 22 below horizontal. At what time does the ball hit the ground? What is the impact velocity?

Problem 2

A 28kg sign is suspended by two massless cables. Find the tension in each.

Problem 4

In the setup shown, m1 = 0.30kg, m2 = 0.45kg and theta = 11. Also, between the first block and incline, mu = 0.40. Assume the system moves so that the first block slides up the incline. What is the acceleration of the system? What is the tension in the string?

I am happy to review your work and provide feedback on your solutions and processes. It is always important to have a second set of eyes look over scientific work to catch any potential errors or areas for improvement. It is also helpful to have someone with a fresh perspective review your work to ensure that your solutions and processes are clear and logical.

In order to provide the most accurate feedback, please provide me with the problem statements and your solutions. I will carefully review them and provide any necessary feedback or suggestions. It is also helpful if you can explain your thought process and any assumptions you made while solving the problems.

Remember, science is all about accuracy and precision, so it is important to double check your work and make sure your solutions are supported by solid reasoning and evidence. I look forward to reviewing your work and helping you improve your problem-solving skills. Keep up the good work!

1. What is kinematics?

Kinematics is the branch of physics that studies the motion of objects without considering the forces that cause the motion.

2. What are the three kinematics problems?

The three kinematics problems are one-dimensional motion, two-dimensional motion, and projectile motion.

3. How do you calculate displacement?

Displacement is calculated by subtracting the initial position from the final position of an object. It is represented by the symbol Δx.

4. What is the difference between velocity and speed?

Velocity is a vector quantity that includes both the speed and direction of an object's motion, while speed is a scalar quantity that only measures the rate of change of distance.

5. How do you solve a kinematics problem?

To solve a kinematics problem, you first need to identify the known and unknown variables, then use the kinematics equations to calculate the unknown variable. It is important to draw a diagram and choose a coordinate system to make the problem easier to visualize and solve.