35,000 year old flute

• Thread starter edward
  • Start date

Answers and Replies

Awesome! I'm writing a paper on prehistoric music so this is fairly interesting!

Awesome! I'm writing a paper on prehistoric music so this is fairly interesting!
I would never have imagined that they would find something that old. The first thing that came to mind was: "its gotta be a hoax".

I would never have imagined that they would find something that old. The first thing that came to mind was: "its gotta be a hoax".
Ya I was thinking the same thing... This is really remarkable I never would have thought any kind of crafted instrument existed back then.

What I wonder though is why they ever decided to put holes in it anyways? Probably just a mistake and they thought that it sounded nice?

Ya I was thinking the same thing... This is really remarkable I never would have thought any kind of crafted instrument existed back then.

What I wonder though is why they ever decided to put holes in it anyways? Probably just a mistake and they thought that it sounded nice?
Someone probably put just one hole in a piece of bone and just got carried away. Thats progress.:biggrin: