Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

360 degree joints

1. Jan 25, 2006 #1
    Hi, I have a question. I know this is way too impossible, but just curious, what could a person do with 360 degree joints (all joints)?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 26, 2006 #2

Mk

It couldn't perfectly be 360 degrees, or the join would have to be infinitesimally small. Those size joints do not normally occur in nature. Of course, if you mean ball-and-socket joints... well if every joint was the joint between your leg and your pelvis I guess. What about the muscles? The tendons and ligaments would have to stretch pretty far without tearing! Pulling a muscle? I know sometimes I wake up early, and my mind is more awake then my body. I perform a very quick neck movement, and my trapezius muscles fell preeety bad...

4. Jan 30, 2006 #3
    Your reply was pointless. He already stated that it was impossible and all you are doing is telling restrictions. His question was just to get the brain pumping and creative new ideas circulating around.

Now, with joints like those I would probably become a world champoin twister player!!!

5. Jan 31, 2006 #4

Mk

I don't know, all you have to do is imagine all your joints are leg and pelvis joints.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?