1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

3d analysis in gambit & fluent

1. Mar 25, 2007 #1
    cud anyone plz gimme some links for tutorials for airflow over 3d geometry in gambit(for meshing) & fluent (for analysis).........
    :confused:

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 14, 2007 #2
    Try registering in the fluent website.....They provide a lot of free tutorials...

4. Apr 18, 2007 #3
  5. Dec 7, 2008 #4
    i m also studying GAMBIT and FLUENT. If you know how to construct 3D nozzle, please share me. thanks for your help.

6. Dec 7, 2008 #5
    do try the link in post3, they ll give some feel of working with CFD.

Documentation & tutorial files of fluent are also a good source to kick start

7. Dec 7, 2008 #6
    do try the link in post3, they ll give some feel of working with CFD.

I don't know what's wrong with that link. I can't try. when I enter that link, it shows me like this

Not Found
    The requested URL /courses/fluent/index.htm was not found on this server.

Please tell me what should I do. thanks for your helps.

8. Dec 8, 2008 #7
    try this, it works
    http://courses.cit.cornell.edu/fluent/index.htm

I am reading this book, Finite Element Analysis Theory and Applications with ANSYS - Saeed Moaveni, it is nice. Try to get hold of some similar book from your library

9. Dec 8, 2008 #8
    thanks for your valuable guides.

10. Dec 12, 2008 #9
  11. Dec 16, 2008 #10
    Hi
    I am running a simulation of 3D nozzle flow with the following information: Density based implicit solver, Inviscid Flow model, Ideal gas flow, operating pressure=0, Pressure inlet boundary, pressure outlet boundary.....after some iteration ,I am getting "time step reduced in 1 cells" , after getting this message, iteration still continue and I get again " time step reduced in 4 cells"........please let me know why I get this message and how to solve this problem.

Thanks
    tunzawcn

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?