Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

3d analysis in gambit & fluent

1. Mar 25, 2007 #1
    cud anyone plz gimme some links for tutorials for airflow over 3d geometry in gambit(for meshing) & fluent (for analysis).........
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 14, 2007 #2
    Try registering in the fluent website.....They provide a lot of free tutorials...
  4. Apr 18, 2007 #3
  5. Dec 7, 2008 #4
    i m also studying GAMBIT and FLUENT. If you know how to construct 3D nozzle, please share me. thanks for your help.
  6. Dec 7, 2008 #5
    do try the link in post3, they ll give some feel of working with CFD.

Documentation & tutorial files of fluent are also a good source to kick start
  7. Dec 7, 2008 #6
    do try the link in post3, they ll give some feel of working with CFD.

I don't know what's wrong with that link. I can't try. when I enter that link, it shows me like this

Not Found
    The requested URL /courses/fluent/index.htm was not found on this server.

Please tell me what should I do. thanks for your helps.
  8. Dec 8, 2008 #7
    try this, it works

I am reading this book, Finite Element Analysis Theory and Applications with ANSYS - Saeed Moaveni, it is nice. Try to get hold of some similar book from your library
  9. Dec 8, 2008 #8
    thanks for your valuable guides.
  10. Dec 12, 2008 #9
  11. Dec 16, 2008 #10
    I am running a simulation of 3D nozzle flow with the following information: Density based implicit solver, Inviscid Flow model, Ideal gas flow, operating pressure=0, Pressure inlet boundary, pressure outlet boundary.....after some iteration ,I am getting "time step reduced in 1 cells" , after getting this message, iteration still continue and I get again " time step reduced in 4 cells"........please let me know why I get this message and how to solve this problem.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?