Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

3D assign band translater

1. Jun 5, 2015 #1
    Hello all,

I am anew user for Ansoft Maxwell, I am doing simulation for tubular machine in 3D, I have problem with band assignment, when I run the analysis there is a massage error after the mesh, which said

[error] Error in mesh mapping on band, please check the potential problem in band setting.

I do not know how to sort this problem out. Could you please help me ? Thank you in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 10, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Apr 11, 2016 #3
    Did you manage to find a solution to your problem? I'm having the same error right now

5. Jun 6, 2016 #4
    I have the same problem.....can any one help???

6. May 28, 2017 #5
    Try not to use cylindrical or spherical band, better use a box or a polyhedron. If you have a rotational motion setup for the band, try to select "Non-Cylindrical". Try to make sure that the band does not intersect anything. Maybe also try to make the meshing of the band exactly the same as the meshing of the objects inside of it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted