1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

3d design help

1. Dec 3, 2013 #1

462chevelle

Gold Member

I have to design a space rover for Mars that has to have quite a few operating gadgets on it.
    Without giving a lot of details I am using sketch up and needless to say it sucks. I can't even figure out how to make a wheel. and I cant make objects at angles, like shafts or motors or anything. The vehicle has to have a robotic arm that operates. I would just like to know if anyone has a recommendation for a program I can download to make my rover look a little more professional than it does now. I would post a pic of it but its so terrible I would be embarrassed.
    By the way I have absolutely no 3d design experience and that is probably half of my problem. I have till December 20th and I started on it last night.

thanks,
    Lonnie

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 3, 2013 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What student versions of 3D CAD software do you have available? You should post your efforts so far so that we can offer some suggestions

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  4. Dec 3, 2013 #3

462chevelle

Gold Member

Here goes

I know this is horrible, but I don't know what to do about it. My lack of design experience really shows when it comes to computer 3d models. I am using sketch up 3d

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted