1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

3d inverted pendulum dynamics

1. Mar 26, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I have to derive newton euler equations of an inverted telescopic pendulum with two links. I will use this model to simulate biped walking. The leg link is assumed to be massless and it carries the body link. The model at final stage should be 3d. In 3d case the hip namely the joint between two links will have all 3 rotations. The leg is assumed to be sticked to the ground.

2. Relevant equations
    newton-euler equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    I do not know the procedure to derive the equations. However, I think the 2d case is not that hard, but I do not know what to do in 3d case. I am not asking for a full answer. I only need someone to guide me to the right track. Thanks..

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 26, 2012 #2
    Are you trying to set up symbolic solutions or to simulate the equations in MATLAB/Simulink/etc.?

4. Mar 27, 2012 #3
    I will simulate the solutions in C++.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook