Test Your Logical Skills with 3D Logic!

In summary: Yes, that is the pattern.In summary, the game is designed to be played in an isometric view, with the colors denoted on the top, left and right panels, and the player trying to fill in the entire block with the color that has the most freedom. The puzzles seem to be the same for everyone, but the colors are different each time you continue with the same puzzle. The game is difficult, with levels 16 and 17 being the most difficult. There are also "clusters" of start points that are adjacent to each other, so the possible path selection in that area will be strongly limited. Two things that were helpful were that you cannot completely enclose a color or a set of colors, and
GregA
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/games/3d-logic.html

There are 30 levels to this game and they get a bit trickier at around lvl 16...enjoy :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Cool, another thing to waste some time on. So far on lvl 14

edit... lvl 16 is hard!

Last edited:
Level 16 was hard. 17 thru 19 are easier, but Internet Explorer crashed while doing Level 19.

A couple of them took a few moments to figure out, but most of them are easy.

It makes me want to kill myself

too ez up to 19...then i went ot reread this thread and accidently closed the mozilla browzer...DAMN multiple tab viewing.

Not bad...30 was pretty easy.

You can continue the game where you left off neurocomp :smile:

Any tips on this game, I can't seem to get past 16 (not tips for just level 16, but in general)

edit... finally beat 16, 17, 18

Last edited:
yes i didn't know that till i got back on now I'm stuck on level 23.

tips...look for certain paths that one color can take...if it creates a loop around another color node then you can remove that path from your solution space.

Its like minesweeper all over again.

Doh I bookmarked teh webpage and now it brings me back to puzzle 1..
never mind forgot to click continue...still stuck on 23...I don't think its possible.

I wonder if everyone gets a different puzzle?

Last edited:
1.5 hours of my life has vanashed! I got all the levels. Then it said "YOU WIN!" I'm waiting for my prize. Hope it's money.

I finished and as previously mentioned 23 took the longest for me to solve. I saved pictures of 21 through 30 with just one square remaining to be filled in, to keep the solutions. The puzzles seem to be the same for everyone, but the colors are different each time you continue with the same puzzle. Took me more than 1.5 hours, at 54 years old, my brain must not be as fast as it used to be.

Last edited:
Another thing that I found usefull was that there are 'clusters' of start points that are adjacent to each other, so the possible path selection in that area will be strongly limited.

Two things I found helpful:

1) You cannot completely enclose (isolate) a color or a set of colors.
2) If you partially enclose x colors (i.e. go between), then you'll need x "travel points" (a point that a color must cross to get to the other side). This will remove a few possibilities.

Its a shame there are only 30 levels :frown:

Another good set of puzzles is Dyson's "Telescope" game (stuck on lvl 24 trying to make it in 18 moves)...the first 15 levels can be found at the same website as the first link but the rest (with more functionality) is at the Dyson website

http://www.dyson.co.uk/game

Last edited by a moderator:
Knavish said:
Two things I found helpful:

1) You cannot completely enclose (isolate) a color or a set of colors.
2) If you partially enclose x colors (i.e. go between), then you'll need x "travel points" (a point that a color must cross to get to the other side). This will remove a few possibilities.
other rules I noticed: if both blocks are on the outside edges, then the path between them must stay on the outer perimeter (one way or another).
And the ones with the blackened out spaces are much easier because they limit the starting paths of a number of colors, and they also limit the "crossover" points (as you go from one face to another).

Jeff Reid: how did you get #23? can i see a screen shot...what ever pattern i complete...i end up encircling one color or having 2 colors blocking every other path...bah i should draw a graph of this

Last edited:
If you fill the entire block in with the color that has the most freedom, you don't have to iterate as many paths, as it will be solved by default when you solve the others.

Don't want to give too much away on 23, but one of those colours is taking the scenic route... look at nodes that are one away from an edge and try to figure out which colour is going round em...finding this will probably point out a few other forced routes aswell

Yeah I've tried everything...I can get 4 outta the 5 paths. But i always end up circling around 1. Her's the pattern I'm given

From the direct Isometric view(45degree)
Denote the Top panel T, bottom left L and Bottom right R, Thus:
.T.
L.R

Denote the colors R-red,G-green,B-blue,P-purple-Y-Yellow and 0 for Blank

T:
--------
L*00000
L*000P0
L*00000
L*0000R
L*00000
**RRRRR
--------

L&R
0000Y*RG0B0
000B0*00000
000GP*00000
00000*000Y0
00000*00000

Is this the pattern you guys ge?

nevermind i got it...Had all the scenic routes right...just messed up one short path...the one that connects the two Red ones in the color scheme above.

Last edited:
STUID LEVEL 16 DAMMIT AHHHHHHHHh!

Gotta say level 23 is by far the hardest one. Finished the last 7 in only 5 min. 23 took me 2-3 days to do =[. I didn't like the fact that the puzzle had black walls...made the solution that much easier to find.

I win! Yay! Level 23 was hard! 28, 30 were a little difficult, but the rest were easy :smile:

Ok, so it's looks like all interested in this have done 23 now, so I don't need to post a picture of it completed as a spoiler. As mentioned, I just took a screen shot before filling in the final square on 21 through 30. May generate a set for 1 through 20. Trying to remember how many of the puzzles were like 23 where every square on the puzzle was used.

1. How do I play 3D Logic?

To play 3D Logic, you must connect matching colored squares on a 3D grid. The squares can be connected in any direction, but cannot cross over each other. The goal is to connect all the squares of the same color together to complete the level.

2. How many levels are in 3D Logic?

There are 30 levels in 3D Logic. Each level becomes more challenging as you progress.

3. Is there a time limit for completing each level?

No, there is no time limit for completing each level. You can take as much time as you need to strategize and solve the puzzles.

4. Are there any hints or tips for solving the puzzles in 3D Logic?

Yes, if you get stuck on a level, you can use the "Hint" button to see a possible solution. You can also take a break and come back to the level later with a fresh perspective. Sometimes stepping away and coming back can help you see the solution more clearly.

5. Can I save my progress in 3D Logic?

Yes, your progress is automatically saved as you complete each level. You can also manually save your progress by clicking the "Save Game" button. This will allow you to continue from where you left off the next time you play.