Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

3D Motion Tracking

1. Dec 30, 2011 #1
    tri axial accelerometer

Hi,
    I'm doing a project to do with measuring velocity of an athlete.
    I'm looking into using a wireless tri axial accelerometer.
    I cant seem to find enough detailed information into how it works.
    Could you please help!!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 30, 2011 #2
    recordings from accelerometers

Hi,
    I'm currently using an accelerometer and it gives me data on a chart.
    The acceleration is plotted on the graph and the max acceleration is shown aswel.
    My main aim is highlight the max acceleration and show this figure without the graph on a monitor.
    For example, my accelerometer gives a max acceleration of 9m/s, i want just this figure to be displayed on a monitor.
    How can this be done or is it even possible?
    Regards!

4. Dec 30, 2011 #3
    Hi,
    I'm doing a project to do with 3D motion tracking.
    I have looked at numerous websites into how motion tracking is done but only a brief description is given. Can anyone help me out with a detailed description into how 3D motion tracking is done?
    Regards!

5. Dec 30, 2011 #4

Bobbywhy

Gold Member

6. Dec 30, 2011 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

<< Multiple threads merged >>
    Are you constrained to using an accelerometer for the motion tracking, or can you use some other means? Does the tracking have to be self-contained on the person, or can part of it be something like a video camera mechanism tracking the motion? What are the constraints of this project?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook