1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

3D Relativity Question

1. Feb 19, 2016 #1
    • Member warned about posting with no effort shown
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    jrwk6h.png
    LOOKING AT PART (c) The ball is traveling at velocity c/√2. The car is traveling at velocity c/√2.
    Ball is thrown up through the sun roof or something I don't know.
    2. Relevant equations
    2jbaa85.jpg

3. The attempt at a solution
    I don't know how to think about this in 3D. I've done parts (a) and (b) though they're probably wrong so I just want to figure out this piece of the problem at least.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 19, 2016 #2
    display the question properly- perhaps first part is hidden

4. Feb 19, 2016 #3
    Yeah I know I didn't want to get yelled at for a double posting so I did not include the questions I already answered and explicitly stated I only wanted help with part (c) which is clearly displayed

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2016
  5. Feb 19, 2016 #4
    Tell us what your thinking is regarding part c, please.

6. Feb 19, 2016 #5
    Forget it this is due in an hour

7. Feb 19, 2016 #6
    well i personally feel at a loss to help you - as i do not know your difficulty - that with the available info please try to frame such questions whose answer can help you so that you may not write ......'probably wrong'
    suppose there are two children in the car and one child throws the ball towards another one -what will be the path of the ball?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted