Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

3rd Pundit revealed as being on Bush Admin's payroll.

1. Jan 29, 2005 #1
    #1: http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-01-06-williams-whitehouse_x.htm

I'm sure you're all aware of the first guy, Armstrong Williams, who got nearly a quarter of a million dollars to propagandize for the "No Child Left Behind" policy. He said that there were many others like him, but Conservatives scoffed at the notion, taking the same "it's only the work of a few bad apples," approach that they did with Abu Gharib. For a few weeks, you might have believed them, until...

#2: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A36545-2005Jan25.html

The next paid propagandist was Maggie Gallagher, a decidedly cheaper buy-off, who only got about $21 thousand to promote Bush's marriage initiative policy. This story broke (as far as I can tell) on January 25.

*Just then!*
    Good job Mr. President, taking a stand against corruption in your administration, very nice. Even though it took you 1 too many propaganda scandals to come out with this statement, it's still a nice gesture.

So things are looking good, until *Two Days Later!*

I'm sure when any reasonable person looks at this situation, they'll see there is absolutely no conflict of interests between being paid by an administration and writing political columns about said administration's policies if you don't publicly announce that you were being paid to write those articles. So long as your "official" reason for being paid was [/i]not[/i] to write articles supporting policies and proposals that you are being paid to participate in, then there is clearly no conflict of interests at all.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 29, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Waste, you're wasting your breath. People know all this (okay, I'd only read and heard about the first one..I'm a little out of the loop right now), but will still go ahead and support this administration wholeheartedly.

It's just the most baffling and tragic phenomenon ever !!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?