Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

4 Spatial Dimensions Snake

1. Sep 13, 2011 #1
    Hi everybody,

I've a started a little a game, it is based on the nokia game snake, where you have to guide the snake and eat the food.

I wrote a little script in python, and a C++ version of the game but in 4 spatial dimension. The snake moves through a euclidean 4 space.

what do you think of the idea?

snake 4d:

(is it possible to download the executable, look at the video description, the python version is a bit buggy, but I have corrected the bugs in the C++ version, which is still not compiled)

stereoscopic view:

cheers,
    Pella

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 13, 2011 #2
    That video sucks... it's all laggy and skips and the music doesn't fit it. Make a better video first then post it.

4. Sep 13, 2011 #3
    On the other hand, I love the video, Lisa Gerrard is awesome.

And the concept is freaking cool, I love this.

5. Sep 13, 2011 #4
    thx for the sincerity, I already know about this problems and I'm trying to do a second video, but I'm trying to catch every opinion possible to make it better.

- The video is laggy, yes, there are some bugs (one in particular, the rendering function), I corrected it in the C++ version (by using OpenGL), now it runs at 60/65 fps. Which is really smooth. But the program I use to record the screen introduce some lags. If you have any program that works on mac for screen recording, well a suggestion is appreciated...

-music-> well is a matter of tastes and it was one of the few mp3 stored in my laptop ;) what would fit better?

Thx a lot. if you want the source code of the C++ version which is actually playable is here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?x2bjhblt1114cuq

it has some problems with the make file, but it can be fixed, but I don't really know how.
    To compile it needs the Qt libraries (download the Qt SDK(1.4Gb) and compile it (press run) it should work.)

6. Sep 15, 2011 #5
    Have you considered using some of the popular elements?
    http://www.stopfinger.com/goods_c3BlY19pZAk1ODY4.html" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  7. Sep 25, 2011 #6
    I did a new clip that I hope it will shed a bit of light on the 4 spatial dimension snake...
    how to play the 4d snake:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook