5 button mouse with firefox

• Thread starter mattmns
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

2 questions.

First, can I program a 5 button mouse such that in firefox I can use the 4th and 5th buttons to switch between tabs?

Second, any recommendations for a good 5 button (non-wireless) mouse?

Thanks!

Answers and Replies

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I can do 6 things with a touchpad, I program what to do in the touchpad program; not firefox itself. I'd think it works the same for mouse buttons, so look under mouse configuration?

dduardo
Staff Emeritus
You need to bind page up/down to those buttons in your mouse settings.

I always thought the MS Intellimouse Explorer had good ergonomics

So I can bind keys? For example, ctrl+tab to move forward in tabs? If so, cool, thanks.

I will check out that MS mouse. I have a MS wireless mouse and I like the feel, but the thing is wireless and heavy and the batteries have to be changed too often. Thanks

dynex mouse

I just got a Dynex optical mouse w/ 5 buttons and a USB and P/S2 compatible plug, and I think they sell it at Best Buy, but I'm still looking for software to program the buttons. Wireless mice are such a hassle, they even require batteries.

it's more of a mouse driver/software configuration than a browser configuration thing. All you need to do is use your mouse config software (Control Panel/Mouse) to bind each button to whatever key sequence you use for switching tabs.

Extension SwiftTabs