Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

5-gluon scattering

1. Jan 28, 2010 #1
    Hey folks,

you don't happen to know where i can find a list of all possible Feynman diagrams contributing to a 5-gluon-amplitude?

I am currently working on a comparison of beyond-feynman-graphs-techniques (colour-ordering, BCF, CSW, MHV,...) and old-school calculations using Feynman rules. My specific example is for tree-level 5-gluon scattering but i can't find a list of of possible Feynman diagrams...

Do you have an idea?

Regards,
    earth2

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 28, 2010 #2

Physics Monkey

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Hmmm, I think you may need to be more specific. If you allow loops, then there are an infinite number of contributing diagrams. Perhaps your question is slightly different from this?

4. Jan 28, 2010 #3
    Hey,

i mean only tree-level diagrams i.e. no loops.

5. Jan 29, 2010 #4
    in the QCD lagrangian u only have 3 and 4 gluon vertex

6. Jan 29, 2010 #5
    Yes, no one doubts that. But that does not mean that there aren't several ways to connect five gluons via propagators, does it? Never you mind, i solved the problem differently. Thanks.

7. Jan 29, 2010 #6

Physics Monkey

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Hi earth2,

Sorry, I spoke with some people but couldn't find a place where the diagrams were listed online. Did you find a good source? I think it's not too hard to just draw them all, but there are quite a few.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook